News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018 Summer Tour

Started by PIE-GUY, January 23, 2018, 02:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

Quote from: GBL on January 26, 2018, 03:53:50 PM
Quote from: JPhishman on January 26, 2018, 02:20:26 PM
Livenation site lists price range for camping tickets as $114-575 plus fees so I think we're looking at over $600 for terrace.  :|

How many people does that 600 include? 4?

that's fucking ridiculous!  it includes 6 people.  but it's still fucking ridiculous. 

Hicks

Quote from: anthrax on January 26, 2018, 04:40:05 PM
Livenation site lists price range for camping tickets as $114-575 plus fees so I think we're looking at over $600 for terrace.  :|

that's fucking ridiculous!  it includes 6 people.  but it's still fucking ridiculous.

DID I MENTION FREE COFFEE AND DONUTS IN THE MORNING??!!!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

anthrax

Quote from: Hicks on January 26, 2018, 05:51:58 PM
Quote from: anthrax on January 26, 2018, 04:40:05 PM

DID I MENTION FREE COFFEE AND DONUTS IN THE MORNING??!!!

if it was a steak dinner and keg party every night, i'd be willing to listen.  but you can take those donuts and shove them right up your columbia river gorge :samurai:

Caravan2001

Terrace is the only way imo. $100/person for 3 days is pretty reasonable if you ask me.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 26, 2018, 06:17:07 PM
Terrace is the only way imo. $100/person for 3 days is pretty reasonable if you ask me.

You'd pay more than that for your typical campground camping and it's not even 10% as much fun.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

LOL at thinking an oversize, quiet campground with beautiful view, shuttles to and from the show, unlimited access to bathrooms/showers AND coffee and donuts for $33/night is a bad deal. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

^ this.

Also regular Ga site is only for like 4 or 5 ppl i  believe and is 130 bucks so that's like 10 bucks a head a night. For just a grass patch that's like 2-3 miles away from the venue.

I'd pay 20 just for the closer walk before and after the show. But I'm also a lazy ass.

2016 def got lost for a good hour the first night cuz I didn't think to remember how to find our site in a giant campground that's in a circle.. That was fun. I also figured out a lot of people come from Montana since we were camped next to a Montana flag and I think I walked up to like 6 Montana flags to find our neighbors and none were them.

anthrax

your numbers make sense if 6 dudes roll up in a car from seattle.  but if my wife and i want to camp in the "nice" campground, are you saying i should be happy to pay $600 for 6 shits, 2 showers, and a couple of donuts?

Hicks

Quote from: emay on January 26, 2018, 07:18:30 PM
^ this.

Also regular Ga site is only for like 4 or 5 ppl i  believe and is 130 bucks so that's like 10 bucks a head a night. For just a grass patch that's like 2-3 miles away from the venue.

I'd pay 20 just for the closer walk before and after the show. But I'm also a lazy ass.

2016 def got lost for a good hour the first night cuz I didn't think to remember how to find our site in a giant campground that's in a circle.. That was fun. I also figured out a lot of people come from Montana since we were camped next to a Montana flag and I think I walked up to like 6 Montana flags to find our neighbors and none were them.

Ha, we wandered gen camping for half the night in 09 trying to find our camp. 

Only time I've camped in general since was in 2016 when I did the camping + hotel extravaganza. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: anthrax on January 26, 2018, 09:01:09 PM
your numbers make sense if 6 dudes roll up in a car from seattle.  but if my wife and i want to camp in the "nice" campground, are you saying i should be happy to pay $600 for 6 shits, 2 showers, and a couple of donuts?

Yes.  If you ever want your wife to go to another Phish show and camp with, yes.  Consider it an investment in your future.  Have you been to Gorge GA camping before?  It makes Coventry look like Amy's Farm.

ETA: Gen pop is a fun place to visit but you need an escape route.

anthrax

No way I'd do general camping.  I'd do premier.  But you guys are making me think about going to Tahoe instead!

jam>

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 26, 2018, 10:25:26 PM
Yes.  If you ever want your wife to go to another Phish show and camp with, yes.  Consider it an investment in your future.  Have you been to Gorge GA camping before?  It makes Coventry look like Amy's Farm.

haha! this thread is delivering.

emay

Ah yeah, I always seem to forget about the just me and the wife scenario...

Nedstruzz

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 26, 2018, 10:25:26 PM

ETA: Gen pop is a fun place to visit but you need an escape route.

Sage advice from a wise man. 

emay

the new (and improved?) MPP seating chart or what they are hoping it will look like when the renovation is done