News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Westworld

Started by Hicks, October 06, 2016, 01:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Caught the first episode Saturday night and the movie just happened to be on syfy right after.  Watching the two back to back was interesting to say the least.

I feel like the show is definitely going to be a mindfuck.

Also, Dolores is so hot..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

Quote from: GBL on October 10, 2016, 11:16:29 AM
Caught the first episode Saturday night and the movie just happened to be on syfy right after.  Watching the two back to back was interesting to say the least.

I recognized her name as "the chick that dated Marilyn Manson", but i had never seen her in anything before. I'd agree she is indeed hot.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

barnesy305

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 10, 2016, 06:29:45 PM

I recognized her name as "the chick that dated Marilyn Manson", but i had never seen her in anything before. I'd agree she is indeed hot.

Not a "hot" movie by any means, but she was in a film called Thirteen that is pretty intense.

WhatstheUse?

Had no clue this show was based on a movie.

That makes sense.
Bring in the dude!

khalpin

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 10, 2016, 08:26:23 PM

That makes sense.
Not mention that it was written by Michael Crichton

rowjimmy

Quote from: khalpin on October 10, 2016, 09:32:42 PM

That makes sense.
Not mention that it was written by Michael Crichton
Directed by him too.

JPhishman

Watched the first two episodes last night and I'm loving it. So many things about this to ponder and both the park and outside world to consider. i have a nuts and bolts question that maybe someone here can answer...

If the hosts can harm each other with their weapons, how is ur that the visitors are safe from them? By at mechanism are they protected from the same bullets that harm the hosts?
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

rowjimmy

The guns detect some component in the hosts that allows the projectile to fly.

No signal, no bullet.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

JPhishman

Aha. The Paug knows all. Thanks for clearing that up fellas.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

GBL

That makes sense.

You should check it out if you're able to.  It was actually a decent movie.

Plus, It is always fun to see how people imagined the future 40+ years ago.

GBL

Also, maybe spoiler in this article?  It is a cool theory even though I kind of can't see it being true.  I guess I just thought the man in black was a host too (The gunslinger from the movie)?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.moviefone.com/2016/10/11/westworld-theory-the-man-in-black/amp/?client=ms-android-sprint-us

tet

Watched those first 2 episodes, we're hooked...  very badass
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: GBL on October 12, 2016, 11:14:33 AM
Also, maybe spoiler in this article?  It is a cool theory even though I kind of can't see it being true.  I guess I just thought the man in black was a host too (The gunslinger from the movie)?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.moviefone.com/2016/10/11/westworld-theory-the-man-in-black/amp/?client=ms-android-sprint-us

Haven't clicked the link but... Ed Harris is definitely a people.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 12, 2016, 04:43:16 PM
Quote from: GBL on October 12, 2016, 11:14:33 AM

Haven't clicked the link but... Ed Harris is definitely a people.

Ed is definitely a people (they say as much in the second episode). I did click the link to see if it had the same idea I had come up with, and it was the same thing that I was thinking. Makes me even more sure I was right about my theory.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.