News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

March Madness 2012 Paug Bracket

Started by McGrupp, March 12, 2012, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

As a former Mountain Hawk (before I failed out in spectacular fashion), it brings me great pride to say SUCK IT, DUKE!!!!!!!!
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

McGrupp

Come on VCU!!!!!! Let's do this!!!!  :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: McGrupp on March 17, 2012, 08:25:29 PM

Everyone likes cheering for an underdog and I fell in love with VCU last year. But I took Indiana and I really want to win this 5 person, bragging-rights only pool so fuck 'em.

McGrupp

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 17, 2012, 09:07:05 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on March 17, 2012, 08:25:29 PM

Everyone likes cheering for an underdog and I fell in love with VCU last year. But I took Indiana and I really want to win this 5 person, bragging-rights only pool so fuck 'em.

Puck you, miss!

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

McGrupp

kellerb

I'm happy for everyone else in the bar

runawayjimbo

Wow, Wisconsin really didn't want to win that game. Absolutely no sense of urgency in that last minute. They looked like the Eagles on their last drive in the Super Bowl against the Pats. Fuckin' Badgers.

DoW

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 22, 2012, 09:18:12 PM
Wow, Wisconsin really didn't want to win that game. Absolutely no sense of urgency in that last minute. They looked like the Eagles on their last drive in the Super Bowl against the Pats. Fuckin' Badgers.
I think syracuse's defense had something to do with it.  they clearly extended the zone higher up.
syracuse definitely didged a bullet.  the problem with playing zone is that you may run into a team that is hot from the outside.  wisconsin was 14-27 from 3.
so funny watching all the wisconsin fans selling their tickets in between games yesterday.

cannot wait for the game saturday.  they gave syracuse the later game which is great too.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

runawayjimbo

They did play great defense, but to not break the 3-pt line on the last possession is pretty inexcusable. And pretty piss poor coaching to not call TO when they started getting into trouble with 10s or so.

DoW

Yeah, I agree.  The whole game, Wisconsin had trouble starting their offense.  So many possessions ended with a shot getting off as the shot clock buzzer went off.  A whole bunch more with 15 seconds on the shot clock without the ball having gotten past the 3 point line.  They had no one to penetrate.  they didn't bring their big man up to the foul line enough or find a lane to pass it to him when they did.
The only reason their offense did so well was that had multiple 3 point shooters on one side and fair and joseph (and god help us when Christmas was in there on the wing) were left playing the middle of the wing and corner opening up good looks at 3 pointers.

Regardless.  I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow night.  Forget Wisconsin.  All about ohio state now.  going to be a ton of syracuse fans there.  should be a blast.

McGrupp

Quote from: bvaz on March 23, 2012, 11:45:39 AM
Yeah, I agree.  The whole game, Wisconsin had trouble starting their offense.  So many possessions ended with a shot getting off as the shot clock buzzer went off.  A whole bunch more with 15 seconds on the shot clock without the ball having gotten past the 3 point line.  They had no one to penetrate.  they didn't bring their big man up to the foul line enough or find a lane to pass it to him when they did.
The only reason their offense did so well was that had multiple 3 point shooters on one side and fair and joseph (and god help us when Christmas was in there on the wing) were left playing the middle of the wing and corner opening up good looks at 3 pointers.

Regardless.  I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow night.  Forget Wisconsin.  All about ohio state now.  going to be a ton of syracuse fans there.  should be a blast.

Syracuse is going down.

DoW

McGrupp

You chumps are getting dominated by the fleet hound.

runawayjimbo

Congrats, Mcgrupp. 3 of Final Four, 6 of Elite Eight (which BTW is my most hated nickname for anything ever), and 11 of Sweet Sixteen? That's an impressive goddmaned bracket.

Your check is in the mail.

McGrupp

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 03, 2012, 10:26:48 AM
Congrats, Mcgrupp. 3 of Final Four, 6 of Elite Eight (which BTW is my most hated nickname for anything ever), and 11 of Sweet Sixteen? That's an impressive goddmaned bracket.

Your check is in the mail.

Thanks. I'd like to give all credit to Drug on this one. I was high as hell in Boston when I put that bracket together.