News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

7/30/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by Hicks, July 30, 2017, 11:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

:phish:
7/30/17
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Set I:   The Curtain With, Runaway Jim, Waking Up Dead, Esther*, Home, Brian and Robert, Nellie Kane, Col. Forbin's Ascent* > Fly Famous Mockingbird* > David Bowie

Set II:  Drowned > A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing^, Harpua > 2001% > Golgi Apparatus, In the Good Old Summertime

E:  Wind Cries Mary#

*Last time played 8/9/15
^ with "Jimmy" jam
% with "donut" quotes
# First time played

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

has there been rips of the video streams?  I'd love to see that Harpua.  I got home just in time for the start of it on the audio stream.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mbw

So, I missed Drowned and unfortumately saw Harpua and Wind Cries Mary.

mbw

emay

Another good one. So mad I'm missing these. Wind cries Mary would be awesome to see. What was the harpua story?

Esther and the last 5 of the first set are $

westcider

isn't The Curtain about Jimmy Swaggart?

WhatstheUse?

It's good to be back, they are still sounding so awesome

Drowned>asihtos was the definitive highlight for me. They were jamming. 

Forbins sounded good as well, at least the fluttery Trey parts that he usually misses. Such a good song

Harpua was... long...and I really couldn't understand them through the PA so, not sure about that.

Encore was great and unexpected

Best band ever.

Bring in the dude!

shoreline99

Hey Scotty, have you heard that weird echo again since the other night?
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

Harpua was about the theory that the universe is actually donut shaped. Trey and Mike sat down and the four of them had a conversation about it... Seemed fairly scripted. Pretty funny.
Also: there's real science there.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2017, 08:37:44 AM
Harpua was about the theory that the universe is actually donut shaped. Trey and Mike sat down and the four of them had a conversation about it... Seemed fairly scripted. Pretty funny.

100% scripted. As in they were all reading from scripts.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mehead

Practically shit my pants this morning when I saw they played Wind Cries Mary. Always been my favorite Hendrix tune.  I was hoping for an Izabella but I'll gladly take this.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mbw

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 31, 2017, 09:01:00 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2017, 08:37:44 AM

100% scripted. As in they were all reading from scripts.

And they were all really bad actors.

mattstick

Page was the best actor, surprisingly followed by Fish.
Trey was OK and Mike was quite bad at reading lines in any convincing way.

runawayjimbo

I enjoyed the first set. Good flow to the set and Trey's playing through a lot those composed songs was really strong. Not perfect, but like Tela the other night, probably about as good as it gets which I am cool with.

Second set smoked start to finish and I love a good let's-run-this-joke-into-the-ground bit a la the universe/donut story. The unconvincing acting was part of the charm. Sure it went on a little too long and I can see how it would be tough to understand through the PA, but via the stream it was pretty lulzy.

Anyone ever figure out what Mike was playing with during Drowned and ASIHTOS? Looked kinda like a microphone but he was blowing into it like a mini-didgeridoo. He also used it as a slide at once or twice.

Finally, didn't see mention of this so for posterity: during Summertime a shirt got thrown onto the stage. Mike picked it up, smiled, and showed Trey. When they came back out for the encore Trey was wearing it, which said IS THIS STILL LAWN BOY? in the style of LET TREY SING. I lol'd.

I predict little to no work coming from me today or tomorrow but I cannot wait for tomorrow night. Best band ever.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Augustus

The Jimi cover sounded like a High School band was playing.
So thin and lifeless.
Trey should chat with John Mayer.