News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rest In Peace Gregg Allman

Started by PIE-GUY, May 27, 2017, 03:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

rowjimmy

jam>

Wow! Kicking myself for not seeing any of this run. Derek has really sealed his legacy with these shows.

VDB

"OK, who's the fucking Phish fan?"
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mopper_smurf

Pretty good recording just popped up.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=595655

QuoteTedeschi Trucks Band
2017-10-14 Beacon Theatre
New York City, NY USA

source : schoeps mk6 (c) > actives > nbox platinum plastic > roland r-05 > 24/44.1 wav
adobe audition > ozone 8 > xact 2.39 > 16/44.1 flac
taper : edtyre

Set I

Keep On Growing
Made Up Mind
Until You Remember
Sailing On
Part of Me
Midnight in Harlem
Don't Know What It Means
How Blue Can You Get?
The Storm

Set II

Don't Let Me Slide
Do I Look Worried
Chevrolet
Isn't It a Pity
The Letter
I Want More
I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free
Delta Lady (with Trey Anastasio)
Mountain Jam (with Trey Anastasio)
E
A Song for You
Bound for Glory
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Gundo

Poor Susan?

I felt bad for her at times during that Mountain Jam. Two guitar legends playing off of each other, and she's over there trying to see if she's even plugged in

VDB

Quote from: EdBanky on October 17, 2017, 03:37:16 PM
Poor Susan?

I felt bad for her at times during that Mountain Jam. Two guitar legends playing off of each other, and she's over there trying to see if she's even plugged in

She seemed contented to hang back. It's not as though she's some slouch on guitar.
Is this still Wombat?

kellerb

Trey seems mesmerized by Derek's beard for nearly the entire song.

anthrax

Quote from: VDB on October 17, 2017, 03:54:46 PM
Poor Susan?

She seemed contented to hang back. It's not as though she's some slouch on guitar.

agreed.  if i wasn't familiar with susan, i'd say she was being a loaf...but she can rage too.  i think she was just watching trey jam with her dude and didn't want to get in the way.  total respect.

gah

Quote from: anthrax on October 17, 2017, 07:23:25 PM
Quote from: VDB on October 17, 2017, 03:54:46 PM
Poor Susan?

agreed.  if i wasn't familiar with susan, i'd say she was being a loaf...but she can rage too.  i think she was just watching trey jam with her dude and didn't want to get in the way.  total respect.

Yeah, I've seen her rip some solo's.....I think she was just enjoying having one of the best seats in the house...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sls.stormyrider

She can play, but that tune wasn't in her wheelhouse.

that was fantastic!

another cool think about it is that the "lullaby" jam, right before they restated the MJ theme at the end, was rarely (if ever) played post Duane.
Just a great version all around.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."