News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/03 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Undermind, September 04, 2011, 01:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

VDB

Quote from: bvaz on September 04, 2011, 07:48:05 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on September 04, 2011, 06:50:50 PM
I better not let my wife see that photo. She's mad at Mike for not taking a picture with her after one of his solo shows; he claimed he doesn't pose for pictures.
how ironic.

Right?  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

More detailed review to come on my 100th show later, but for now I will just say that I had an absolute blast.  I love every song played in that second set.

Llama raged, and Tweezer was certifiably bad ass.  The band is playing great.
Bring in the dude!

gainesvillegreen

Listened to the second set this evening. Like the Tweezer, like the DWD reprise better than the DWD itself. Limb and KDF are both quality (glad Scotty got a LxL for his 100th), and the Julius is crazy good. Energizer bunny type.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

tweezer and llama > FEFY were my highlights!
So stoked about the llama! :rawk: :music:

Gumbo72203

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 04, 2011, 09:53:41 PM
I def enjoyed the DWD > Tweezer

RJ, you like a 3.0 Phish thing.  Can we open the champagne now?

Haha, for seriouslyness....  this Tweezer.........  PHISH@!!!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!   

The band exists again.  And I love the Tube beat.  This Tweezer is just so joyously glorious and like 'pump-up-the-life' man!

Its really strange, because RIGHT as the jam started, Trey initiated this fucking delicious, yet very simple and basic, I-IV chord change that I thought was incredible, throwing in some suspensions, but then he put the brake on after a few bars, thinking maybe Page didn't really get it or something, but then they got into a really cool other progression once Fishman starts playing Slow Tube.  And Page finally wakes up around 12 mins on the piano, and its fucking awesome.

This is the closest they've ever gotten back to the 12/16/99 and 12/30/99 Tweezers, and its fucking jaw-dropping.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Quote from: zimbra on September 06, 2011, 05:18:13 PM
RJ remember our tweezer debate on FB chat?

No.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 07, 2011, 10:05:17 AM

The band exists again.  And I love the Tube beat.  This Tweezer is just so joyously glorious and like 'pump-up-the-life' man!

Its really strange, because RIGHT as the jam started, Trey initiated this fucking delicious, yet very simple and basic, I-IV chord change that I thought was incredible, throwing in some suspensions, but then he put the brake on after a few bars, thinking maybe Page didn't really get it or something, but then they got into a really cool other progression once Fishman starts playing Slow Tube.  And Page finally wakes up around 12 mins on the piano, and its fucking awesome.

This is the closest they've ever gotten back to the 12/16/99 and 12/30/99 Tweezers, and its fucking jaw-dropping.

Slow your roll, jr.

McGrupp

I like how any tweezer that goes into a I-IV jam reminds gumbo of the 12/16/99 version  :-D
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Lifeboy

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 08, 2011, 01:52:07 PM

No.

Slow your roll, jr.

^^LOL @ both of those

I was pretty fucking bored at this show. I love LxL, but it sucked the energy right out of me. THEN they played KDF. Even though the KDF jam was just okay, It was pretty much over for me after that. I've never been more bummed in the middle of a show. that being said, I did thoroughly enjoy the Tweezer. Everything else is meh-fucking-tastic. I was up top by an exit right after Julius started, bc I was 110% sure we had one more rock song>antelope and a Sleeping Monkey>Tweeprise encore. Sho 'nuff.

Saturday night Trey, lol.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

GBL

Quote from: Lifeboy on September 08, 2011, 02:17:25 PM

No.

Slow your roll, jr.

^^LOL @ both of those

I was pretty fucking bored at this show. I love LxL, but it sucked the energy right out of me. THEN they played KDF. Even though the KDF jam was just okay, It was pretty much over for me after that. I've never been more bummed in the middle of a show. that being said, I did thoroughly enjoy the Tweezer. Everything else is meh-fucking-tastic. I was up top by an exit right after Julius started, bc I was 110% sure we had one more rock song>antelope and a Sleeping Monkey>Tweeprise encore. Sho 'nuff.

Pretty much agree with all of this, 'cept I actually liked KDF..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Lifeboy

Quote from: zimbra on September 08, 2011, 03:06:31 PM
Blake....

I'm interested to hear your explanation on how you disagree with anything I just stated. What did you think was so great about the show, except moments in the Tweezer?

Oh yeah, you thought this night was the tits.

Quote from: GBL on September 08, 2011, 10:05:13 PM
Quote from: Lifeboy on September 08, 2011, 02:17:25 PM

No.

Slow your roll, jr.

^^LOL @ both of those

Pretty much agree with all of this, 'cept I actually liked KDF..

I actually thought the jam was kinda cool, but I would have taken a MONSTER jam to get my energy completely back up.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke: