News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2010 Academy Awards

Started by khalpin, February 02, 2010, 11:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatfargone

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 02, 2010, 01:59:11 PM
Quote from: thatfargone on February 02, 2010, 01:56:36 PM
Of course!!! :-D

You do also realize I was citing movies I find just as rewarding as District 9 right? :-P

I'm sorry that you did not like the film but you have clearly missed the strengths of it. Perhaps you should se eit again. I'm sure that the first time you just were distracted by the rumors of a Miss Congeniality 3...

Dude.  What strengths??? :?

And...WAIT!!!!  What did you say about a Miss Congeniality 3!!!  :-o
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

cactusfan

Sandra Bullock is the worst 'actress' of all time.
can we move on now?

District 9 was a good movie.

the fact that there are now 10 best picture noms is unbelievably stupid. and really there are 15 if you include the best animated feature category, which all you have to do is make an animated feature to get into. it's just a way to make people go rent more half-assed movies.

not a good year for movies. even the best movies of the year don't have me saying more than 'yeah, that was pretty good.'

i know it's pointless to bitch about the good ol' days... but there was a time when a movie as completely brilliant as Chinatown didn't win best picture... because it was beat by Godfather Part II. those were the days...

Mr Minor

Quote from: cactusfan on February 02, 2010, 02:10:56 PM
can we move on now?

the fact that there are now 10 best picture noms is unbelievably stupid. and really there are 15 if you include the best animated feature category, which all you have to do is make an animated feature to get into. it's just a way to make people go rent more half-assed movies.

not a good year for movies. even the best movies of the year don't have me saying more than 'yeah, that was pretty good.'

i know it's pointless to bitch about the good ol' days... but there was a time when a movie as completely brilliant as Chinatown didn't win best picture... because it was beat by Godfather Part II. those were the days...

Ahh, the good old days.

khalpin

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 02, 2010, 01:07:48 PM
Fixed the topic spelling before my head explodes.
Mental note....insert typos into all future new topics to drive RJ crazy.

mattstick

The Oscars love it when a "big box office" actor or actress goes out and gives a commanding performance - something both Clooney and Bullock did in 2010.

They also love technically awesome pictures that make wads of money, Avatar.

...and Sandra Bullock is far from the worst actress of all-time.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on February 02, 2010, 02:13:22 PM
The Oscars love it when a "big box office" actor or actress goes out and gives a commanding performance - something both Clooney and Bullock did in 2010.

They also love technically awesome pictures that make wads of money, Avatar.

...and Sandra Bullock is far from the worst actress of all-time.
I thought she did a good job in 'A Time to Kill'.
But I wouldn't put her on an Oscar list (yet, I haven't seen this new flic).
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

While Sandra Bullock may not be the worst actress of all time, I would say that she is the most overpaid of all time. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on February 02, 2010, 02:10:56 PM
can we move on now?

The resident film expert arrives to speed us on our way to talk about more important things such as:

Will Jason Reitman get robbed by James Cameron?

mattstick

I believe she is a talented actress living in a world where most actresses have to take brutal roles.  But then again she produces a lot of terrible MOR crap, so maybe it's her fault.

Her physical comedy is great - see the first 15 minutes of 46 Days.

mbw

Quote from: Phishy69 on February 02, 2010, 02:17:58 PM
I thought she did a good job in 'A Time to Kill'.

oh no you didnt

sophist

I'd do her, but I refuse to watch her films if that helps this debate out at all. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Mr Minor

Quote from: sophist on February 02, 2010, 02:26:00 PM
I'd do her, but I refuse to watch her films if that helps this debate out at all.

:lol:

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on February 02, 2010, 02:24:11 PM
I believe she is a talented actress living in a world where most actresses have to take brutal roles.  But then again she produces a lot of terrible MOR crap, so maybe it's her fault.

Her physical comedy is great - see the first 15 minutes of 46 Days.

How many brutal roles do you see Cate Blanchett in?  How about Kate Winslet?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Right, I said most actresses.

But Sandy Bullock probably has 10x more money than Winslet & Blanchett put together.

I'm pretty sure she produced a George Lopez sitcom on ABC, that's how much money she has.