News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/05 - Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by khalpin, September 06, 2015, 01:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

09-05-2015
Dick's Sporting Goods Park
Commerce City, CO

I: No Man in No Man's Land, Martian Monster, NICU, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Bouncing Around the Room, 555, Winterqueen, Split Open and Melt, Limb By Limb, Roggae, Character Zero

II: A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, Chalk Dust Torture > Twist, Mercury > Light, Wingsuit, Rock and Roll

E: Sleeping Monkey, Harry Hood, A Day in the Life

mopper_smurf

Got most of the second set and the encore (that encore - holy shit).
Really dug the CDT > Twist smooth as fuck segue, but was underwhelmed by Light and the rather rough start of Rock and Roll.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Undermind

Kind of an avg show.  Reminded me a lot of 2014.   Maybe MB spoiled me or something.  The CDT was the clear highlight.  Mercury was good too.  9 min light > yawnsuit hurt.  Twist was well played as well.  The first set almost put me to sleep until Melt, which was really cool I thought.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

rowjimmy

I think a lot of people are suffering from Magnagoggles.
I thought this was a strong show that stands well with the second half of tour.

It helps that I like the material that others grumble over, I suppose.

mehead

Listened to the entire first set last night and found it rather uneventful. The SOAM was ok, started to get a little dark and I guess I would say was the highlight for me. Reggae was nice as well.

I bailed for a bit as ASIHTOS started the second set and didn't come back until CDT was > into Twist. I guess I need to give it a proper re-listen because I didn't find the transition that smooth. Even though these versions are short, I still enjoyed Twist through Light. I didn't care for the placement of Wingsuit. R & R was solid.

I bailed for good as they started Monkey.

Looking forward to giving this second set a proper re-listen, especially the CDT.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

khalpin

Hicks

Fishman sure wasn't on board for the segue into Twist, he almost sounded pissed to me.

Only listened to the highlights of this show, but I preferred Friday's show to what I heard. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Just shy of ten mins into Chalkdust is a Dark Star-ish tease from Trey.

sunrisevt

Serious Birds of a Feather teases too-I think mostly in Chalkdust, then one more later on.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

susep

Light is nice, obvious nod to the Drive-In set.  Trippy ambience. 

emay

Chalkdust is nice
Fun show overall nothing too special
The Encores are great this run
Glad got that martian monster!  :banana: