News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

HBO GO

Started by VDB, February 13, 2013, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on January 05, 2016, 10:32:34 AM
Anyone ever watch The Jinx? finished up that mini series over the holidays. Crazy story.

Crazy indeed.  Dude was kinda out there.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

Quote from: mehead on January 05, 2016, 11:33:03 AM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on January 05, 2016, 10:32:34 AM
Anyone ever watch The Jinx? finished up that mini series over the holidays. Crazy story.

Crazy indeed.  Dude was kinda out there.

the amount of times he blinks throughout the series is disturbing.

emay

Started watching "the night of"

good stuff

rowjimmy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 27, 2016, 09:19:10 PM
Started watching "the night of"

good stuff

I really like it.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

Agreed. One episode in at least.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

I was looking up to see if David Simon had any part in this series since its brimming with themes he writes about on his blog and in the wire. And has a lot of casting from the Wire.
He has not part with it but themes are very prevalent. Almost like Serial as a HBO series. Storyline is good but the jail stuff was getting a little over the top at the end of the last episode.

rowjimmy

Have you read much about Riker's Island?

Not too far off the mark from what I've read.

emay

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 28, 2016, 01:46:01 PM

I havent read much about it, but I believe the violence happens and the people that "run" sections of the prison, this prob happens in most prisons around the country, really just burning his bed in the middle of the prison floor that was like damn this kid is hated on the block. Feel bad for him.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 28, 2016, 01:53:27 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 28, 2016, 01:46:01 PM

I havent read much about it, but I believe the violence happens and the people that "run" sections of the prison, this prob happens in most prisons around the country, really just burning his bed in the middle of the prison floor that was like damn this kid is hated on the block. Feel bad for him.

After interning in the coroner's office for over a year, I'm sad to say this shit happens all the time.
"turf" issues and showing dominance are the 2 biggest reasons people puff their chest in prisons and get killed.
same like out in the real world....

excited to watch this show!
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

WhatstheUse?

Watched the first 4 of "The Night Of" this week,

Really loving it, although - nothin has hit the intensity level of the first episode. Thought I was gonna have a serious panic attack! Dude is so f'd!
Bring in the dude!

VDB

Just finished The Night Of last night. Tremendously executed and very thought-provoking. It presents, of course, a highly cynical view of the criminal justice system: one marked by a hopeless mix of competing personalities, human indifference and systemic inertia.
Is this still Wombat?

Multibeast12

Just watched the three seasons of Silicon Valley. That show is brilliant, in its writing of these tech jokes. Mike Judge, to me is like a functional Dan Harmon, where everything he touches just is comedy gold, and the perfect mix of clever deep jokes and a surface level laugh. You can tell the cast has a lot of fun making the show.

emay

Watched all 5 of big little liars over the weekend. Pretty good show. Excited to see how they tie this together and solve the murder.

emay

Quote from: Multibeast12 on September 19, 2016, 08:38:57 AM
Just watched the three seasons of Silicon Valley. That show is brilliant, in its writing of these tech jokes. Mike Judge, to me is like a functional Dan Harmon, where everything he touches just is comedy gold, and the perfect mix of clever deep jokes and a surface level laugh. You can tell the cast has a lot of fun making the show.

I love this show too. Next season starts soon I think. The cast/character interactions are gold. I love the (maybe not so) exaggerated Silicon Valley CEO characters too lol.