News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Baker's Dozen - 07/21 - 08/06/17

Started by runawayjimbo, January 31, 2017, 10:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

sunrisevt

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 31, 2017, 12:21:59 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on January 31, 2017, 12:11:30 PM
Are there rooftop pavilions, or something, you can rent to sleep in? I really don't want to spend a night indoors in NYC in midsummer.

www.airbnb.com/rooms/16789780

Damn. Good eye!
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

whatapiper

Despite the convenience, the CID packages seem a bit taxed. With face value tickets and under our current hotel reservation we can do three nights easily under $1200.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mattstick

Quote from: whatapiper on January 31, 2017, 02:27:34 PM
Despite the convenience, the CID packages seem a bit taxed. With face value tickets and under our current hotel reservation we can do three nights easily under $1200.

But the T-shirts and the "commemorative gifts" are easily worth $600.

Caravan2001

There will be tickets on the ground for these.  For the last MSG run (a month ago) you could not give away any tickets that were 200 level or higher.  Every person I knew walked into the shows with extras in their pockets.  Given hat this is summer and most people are on vacation or doing other stuff, these will be so easy for tickets.  Throw in the 9 or 10 re-releaes that Msg always does and I think people are crazy to do mail order and risk getting something worse than a 100 level.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 31, 2017, 02:37:21 PM
There will be tickets on the ground for these.  For the last MSG run (a month ago) you could not give away any tickets that were 200 level or higher.  Every person I knew walked into the shows with extras in their pockets.  Given hat this is summer and most people are on vacation or doing other stuff, these will be so easy for tickets.  Throw in the 9 or 10 re-releaes that Msg always does and I think people are crazy to do mail order and risk getting something worse than a 100 level.

You can request "floor only" via mail-order. Would be worth it if that's what you're into.

PIE-GUY

whatapiper

yeah we are putting in for floor only, most likely 7/31-8/2.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

ph92

I wanna go!

Actually seriously considering an early 25th birthday present to myself and hitting some of these.... Possibly 5 or 6?

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

WhatstheUse?

I half-jokingly started looking into lodging for all 17 nights and then actually became intrigued. There's some studios in the $2,500 range right near MSG. As low as $1,500 for spots in lower manhatten.

I know, it's a ridiculous concept.... but split with someone - living in manhatten for 17 days at $750 is not bad at all, IMO. I've spent more money than that for gas+hotels seeing 13 shows in a row before...
Bring in the dude!

Augustus

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Augustus on January 31, 2017, 06:44:00 PM
You really planning on doing all 13?

Naw. Probably not.

But if my personal schedule allowed, I don't see why I wouldn't be there if I could.  Which is no different than my feelings toward any phish show in any location.

Unless of course, you have a spare bedroom... then yeah, I'm in.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on January 31, 2017, 12:59:05 PM
So, no repeats?

They could do it. And it would be f'n incredible.

So..... naw, probably won't happen. I say they'll re-set every day off. We'll get at least a couple Breath & Burnings....hope I'm wrong though.

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 31, 2017, 02:37:21 PM

Interesting point, hard to argue. Tickets were abundant this last NYE run. Also, they kinda stacked the recent 'destination runs' (Vegas>MsG>Mexico) so that divides people.

However..... with the announcement of no fall tour and these currently being the only 13 shows of 2017... I wouldn't be surprised to see the fan base freak out and go all in on these...
Bring in the dude!