News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/22 Magnaball Night 2 - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, August 23, 2015, 10:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

8/22/15
Magnaball - Watkins Glen, NY
https://instagram.com/explore/tags/magnaball/

I:  Divided Sky, Moma Dance, Mound, Army of One, Scabbard, Sample in a Jar, Tube, Halfway to the Moon, Camel Walk, How Many People Are You, When the Circus Comes, Undermind, Run Like an Antelope

II:  Wolman's Brother, Halley's Comet > 46 Days > Backwards Down The Numberline, Tweezer > Prince Caspian*

III:  Meatstick > Blaze On > Possum > Cities^ > Light > 555, Wading In The Velvet Sea, Walls Of The Cave

E:  Boogie On Reggae Woman, Tweezer Reprise

* with Tweezer jam
^ with Mind Left Body jam

rowjimmy

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

jasonsobel

I've been listening to last night's show straight through since I woke up this morning.  I've listened to all of set 1 and 2, set 3 is just starting now.

46 Days > Backwards Down The Numberline, Tweezer > Prince Caspian

So far, this portion of the show has been killer.  Great versions, great playing. Very engaging.  Love it.  :phish:  The last few minutes of Prince Caspian, holy shit.  :clap: :clap:
sing me back home before I die

Bobafett

I just heard cities>end of set 3 but it was pungent and flavorful with hints of pine, peat, and shoe leather, with a Stoney finish.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

susep

really enjoyed the 3rd set, excellent jamming throughout.  psyched to check out the late set.  nice job  :phish: !

anthrax

WhatstheUse?

Fucking incredible show.

That 4th set was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen/heard in my entire life.

Yeah phish!
Bring in the dude!

jedifunk

tweezer > caspian was really really good

missed the blaze on, but the cities > light > 555 was really fun too

very interested to see/hear the 4th set ... those are always amazing
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

WhatstheUse?

4th set was honestly the most psychedelic thing I've seen phish do. I've NEVER seen a visualizer quite like that.

And the jamming, man. They were fucking jamming! Such seamless flow between themes. I don't know why they don't jam like that all the time.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

And don't slouch on that Blaze On! I wasn't exactly sold on that song but if they jam it like they did last night, I'm on board.
Bring in the dude!

blatboom

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 23, 2015, 01:09:52 PM
And don't slouch on that Blaze On! I wasn't exactly sold on that song but if they jam it like they did last night, I'm on board.

my thoughts exactly. thought it was about to fade out but they went next level w/ it

shoreline99

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 23, 2015, 12:59:07 PM
Fucking incredible show.

That 4th set was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen/heard in my entire life.

Yeah phish!

Scotty knows the truth
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 23, 2015, 01:08:40 PM
4th set was honestly the most psychedelic thing I've seen phish do. I've NEVER seen a visualizer quite like that.

And the jamming, man. They were fucking jamming! Such seamless flow between themes. I don't know why they don't jam like that all the time.

I seem to remember you saying something extremely similar about the Storage Jam.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.