News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/30 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, December 30, 2015, 11:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Multibeast12

Thought this show was decent. CDT and Gin were good. But other than that, that's the only standouts to me. The new song in ghost was pretty forgettable. Boredline bad. I enjoy blaze on and no man's land, But this one just didn't stick for me. Either way from what I have heard this one might be the weakest in my book.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

susep

Quote from: Multibeast12 on January 05, 2016, 07:52:38 AM
Thought this show was decent. CDT and Gin were good. But other than that, that's the only standouts to me. The new song in ghost was pretty forgettable. Boredline bad. I enjoy blaze on and no man's land, But this one just didn't stick for me. Either way from what I have heard this one might be the weakest in my book.

I too like the Chalk Dust and the Gin.  Also the ambient jam after Waves is an added bonus.  Definitely #2 of the Run behind 31Dec. imo.   

sophist

I did the "choice nugs" cut for this show.  Hit the Chalkdust -> Ghost -> Can't Always Listen -> Ghost, Waves, and Gin. 

Solid.  Gin was the highlight to me.  Nothing new though in these jams.  Similar territory to Summer tour (not that there is anything wrong with that).  I enjoyed it. 

A little sloppy overall though.  The new song is pretty shitty even by new Phish standards.  Trey's tone isn't as Jedi-y to me as it was during the summer either.  It's missing something, but I can't place it yet. 

I was hoping Ghost had more to it but it was super straight forward. 

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

birdman

Quote from: sophist on January 07, 2016, 08:53:05 AM
I did the "choice nugs" cut for this show.  Hit the Chalkdust -> Ghost -> Can't Always Listen -> Ghost, Waves, and Gin. 

Solid.  Gin was the highlight to me.  Nothing new though in these jams.  Similar territory to Summer tour (not that there is anything wrong with that).  I enjoyed it. 

A little sloppy overall though.  The new song is pretty shitty even by new Phish standards.  Trey's tone isn't as Jedi-y to me as it was during the summer either.  It's missing something, but I can't place it yet. 

Should check out the Paug->Wtu->Paug as well. My favorite part of the show.
Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on January 07, 2016, 10:27:00 AM
Quote from: sophist on January 07, 2016, 08:53:05 AM

Should check out the Paug->Wtu->Paug as well. My favorite part of the show.

One of the absolute highlights of the run, imo.

Buffalo Budd

I just finished listening to the whole run and I'd say the Paug sandwich is in a tie with the Tweezer for my favorite segments of the weekend.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 10, 2016, 10:20:16 AM
Shame about that Mike's Song tho.

I thought it was its typical modern throwaway self, but not particularly offensive beyond that. Intro lacked a little punch however.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

Sometimes you gotta toss off a Mikes to get to a killer Paug. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

danje

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: danje on January 11, 2016, 07:15:54 PM
Quote from: PGLHAH on January 09, 2016, 12:23:46 PM
I agree with Gordo...

Also agreed. Definitely preferred the first two nights to the last two.

Same here.

Really loved those first two shows.
Bring in the dude!

zimbra

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 11, 2016, 08:08:30 PM
Quote from: danje on January 11, 2016, 07:15:54 PM
Quote from: PGLHAH on January 09, 2016, 12:23:46 PM
I agree with Gordo...

Also agreed. Definitely preferred the first two nights to the last two.

Same here.

Really loved those first two shows.

I think this is the general consensus.  I mean by the time I met up with you on night 4 I was so far gone from just pure exhaustion that it would have taken a serious heater to get me going like the first two nights.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio