News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 20, 2012, 09:31:14 AM
LOL

Seriously, though, my wife likes the Grateful Dead.

She likes The Smiths more

rowjimmy

Quote from: Igbo on March 20, 2012, 10:57:22 AM
LOL

But her asshole husband never plays the Smiths cos they blow.

aphineday

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 20, 2012, 11:03:22 AM
Quote from: Igbo on March 20, 2012, 10:57:22 AM
LOL

But her asshole husband never plays the Smiths cos they blow.
What about Meat Is...never mind, you're right.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

VA $l!m

got a nice surprise random disc combo in my car cd changer today:

5-26-73 and 11-4-77.

was very interesting back to back.
actually similar feeling shows with some repeats  ( ie. Eyes) that really highlighted the progression of the band in those years.

hadn't heard the Kezar in awhile and it still holds top 20 all time show status for sure.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 20, 2012, 09:39:06 PM

5-26-73 and 11-4-77.

actually similar feeling shows with some repeats  ( ie. Eyes) that really highlighted the progression of the band in those years.

hadn't heard the Kezar in awhile and it still holds top 20 all time show status for sure.

Was never a huge fan of Kezar for some reason.  Really looking forward to the official release that's coming up though.....

Caravan2001

BTW:

Live Phil Show with Chris Robinson streaming from Terrapin Crossroads tonight....Just watched the soundcheck with CR singing Tough Mama...should be decent, especially if you like the Crowes (slimdizzle....)

www.terrapincrossroads.net

Live show should be starting any second...

nab

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 20, 2012, 10:03:19 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on March 20, 2012, 09:39:06 PM

5-26-73 and 11-4-77.

Was never a huge fan of Kezar for some reason.  Really looking forward to the official release that's coming up though.....

Me either.  It's a nice long show.  It's got some good hype.  But I've never really fallen for the show anymore than any other random show from the era.  It's full on 73 to be sure, but I've never heard the x-factor that brings it above it's brethren.   

Been a while though, maybe time to examine with a different headspace. 

rowjimmy

I stand up for Kezar.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Caravan2001

yeah, I need to give it another go.  I would say it has been 20 years since I have listened to it.  It was the first complete 3 set show that I ever got (still have the analogs in my attic) but soon after I got RFK 73 and Kezar was never a go to for me.  I have been wanting to give it another spin, but I am going to hold out for the Daves Picks.

Caravan2001

Stream last night was rad as hell!  I have never liked Chris Robinson, and now I do.  Guy has some pipes and is actually not a bad guitar player.  I am still more of a fan of Furthur than the Phil lineups, but it was a good show.  Kind of wack that they made a big deal of it being a "free" stream though.  NOt sure how many people they are going to get to pay for a stream of PAF in a bar....FWIW, my buddy in SF said tix to attend the gig were going for $150....

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 21, 2012, 09:04:47 AM
Stream last night was rad as hell!  I have never liked Chris Robinson, and now I do.  Guy has some pipes and is actually not a bad guitar player.  I am still more of a fan of Furthur than the Phil lineups, but it was a good show.  Kind of wack that they made a big deal of it being a "free" stream though.  NOt sure how many people they are going to get to pay for a stream of PAF in a bar....FWIW, my buddy in SF said tix to attend the gig were going for $150....

I watched a little of it. Jam > Loose Lucy iirc. Pretty cool. Herring was on point, as usual.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 21, 2012, 09:04:47 AM

Did not watch, but saw two PaF shows with Robinson once at the Fox in Atlanta and it was great... That was in the Larry Campbell days, though. Anyway, Chris tore through a sweet Wharf Rat. It was really quite beautiful.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

Are they allowing tapers for this run? 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: sophist on March 21, 2012, 09:10:40 AM
Are they allowing tapers for this run?

I'm sure they are. They always do, don't they?