News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd 1 - Tweezer - (2) 11-02-94 vs (3) 12-02-95

Started by runawayjimbo, July 15, 2012, 10:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Round #1 - Tweezer Bracket

(2) 11-02-1994 - Bangor Auditorium - Bangor, ME

vs.

(3) 12-02-1995 - New Haven Veterans Memorial Coliseum - New Haven, CT

POLL CLOSE: Tuesday, 7/24, 10pm EST
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

susep

mistercharlie

Bangor. It was included on A Live One for a reason, it's unbelievably funky for 94 and leaves a lasting impression. Maybe it's my favorite Tweezer because for years it was the best sounding Tweezer I had heard. In the days of XLII's A Live One was the first 'official sbd' release so I listened to it over and over. The crystal clear quality of the cd's allowed me to pay better attention to the music, and that's good because there's a lot to pay attention to here.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Kinda apples and oranges here.  I just happen to love them New Haven apples.

McGrupp

12/2.

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

VDB

Since we already have a representative of the crazy, go-anywhere improvisational Tweezer 94 style in Montana, I'll vote here for the ferocious, driving, fall 1995 stylings of New Haven. Shit's relentless.
Is this still Wombat?

Superfreakie

Do you think the fact that I saw both these Tweezers in person on acid has had an adverse effect on my life? Hmmmm.  :wtu:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

GBL

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 21, 2012, 03:43:24 PM
Do you think the fact that I saw both these Tweezers in person on acid has had an adverse effect on my life? Hmmmm.  :wtu:

Effect? Yes.

Adverse? No.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

McGrupp

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 21, 2012, 03:43:24 PM

Effect? Yes.

Adverse? Yes.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Wait, what Bangor is gonna lose?

The only explanation for this travesty is that 3.0 has polluted your earholes so much that all you crave are rawk peaks. 

Meh, Bozeman vs Bangor would have been a much more interesting matchup than Bozeman crushing New Haven in the next round.

At least that's what should happen. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

McGrupp

Quote from: Hicks on July 22, 2012, 09:37:09 PM

The only explanation for this travesty is that 3.0 has polluted your earholes so much that all you crave are rawk peaks. 

Meh, Bozeman vs Bangor would have been a much more interesting matchup than Bozeman crushing New Haven in the next round.

If 3.0 rawk peaks were as ferocious as any of the rawk going down in 12/2/95, I think we'd all be a lot happier with the current state of Phish.

Hicks

Quote from: McGrupp on July 22, 2012, 09:51:51 PM

If 3.0 rawk peaks were as ferocious as any of the rawk going down in 12/2/95, I think we'd all be a lot happier with the current state of Phish.

Well duh. 

But what if they turned out a jam like the Bangor Tweezer every few shows?

At the bare minimum it would scare away the braindead Chatty Kathys.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

McGrupp

Quote from: Hicks on July 22, 2012, 10:07:53 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on July 22, 2012, 09:51:51 PM

Well duh. 

But what if they turned out a jam like the Bangor Tweezer every few shows?

At the bare minimum it would scare away the braindead Chatty Kathys.

But then...ticket sales would go down  :police: