News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Colts Release Peyton Manning

Started by Undermind, March 06, 2012, 06:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Colts presser is in a few minutes.

Manning will be a Redskin in 2012. Mark it.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Igbo

Quote from: antelope19 on March 07, 2012, 11:58:45 AM

I actually like this option better than moving up for RGIII

antelope19

I have mixed feelings about it. Even if he is healthy.

antelope19

JPhishman

If I were the Colts, I'd probably be letting him go too. You can't expect the guy to be able to take any big hits since his neck procedures. Sadly, I'd be surprised if he makes it through the 12-13 season.

If Jerry Jones were smart he'd send Romo on the first train out of town and do whatever it took to pick Peyton up. Assuming they could protect him, that team would be deadly.

Not that I want to see that happen or see it as a likely scenario though. I say he'll probably end up taking it to South Beach. Who wouldn't?

Vikes would be sweet though. For gods sake stop wasting the best athlete in football and get AP some help up there!
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

antelope19

Yeah, I fully expect him to end up in Miami, Washington, or Arizona. I just don't think Snyder can resist himself.

Casey Lenahan

I owe Aug $20

zimbra

What is this I heard about Denver & Peyton tonight?  I just caught the tail end of it on Sports Center. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

aphineday

Quote from: zimbra on March 08, 2012, 12:03:23 AM
What is this I heard about Denver & Peyton tonight?  I just caught the tail end of it on Sports Center. 
They were just the first team that said they'd reach out to him to see if he has any interest in heading to Denver (he doesn't I'm sure).
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

phil

Quote from: Igbo on March 07, 2012, 11:59:36 AM

Agreed. Moving up for RGIII would be disastrous. This franchise will end up in a tailspin if we do that, mark it.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

Quote from: phil on March 08, 2012, 09:37:58 AM

Agreed. Moving up for RGIII would be disastrous. This franchise will end up in a tailspin if we do that, mark it.

Umm...
Hate to break it to you, son. The Redskins are beyond tailspin.

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 08, 2012, 09:44:08 AM

Umm...

I'm talking a move-the-franchise-to-london tailspin. We'd have to give up so much to get him that literally his only targets would be santana moss and jabar gaffney (who are a combined 300 years old between the two of them)
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

Quote from: phil on March 08, 2012, 09:47:19 AM

Umm...

I'm talking a move-the-franchise-to-london tailspin. We'd have to give up so much to get him that literally his only targets would be santana moss and jabar gaffney (who are a combined 300 years old between the two of them)

And without him we have what?

Exactly.

RabeldyNugs

I've always hated Peyton but he is a pretty amazing player.  Anyway, dude ends up with the Chiefs, wait and see, he'll bring back football there just like he did to Indy.  I just dont want him in AFC East really so anywhere else is fine
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 08, 2012, 09:55:48 AM
Quote from: phil on March 08, 2012, 09:47:19 AM

Umm...

And without him we have what?

Exactly.

Seeing as how we've yet to be disappointed by this year's draft class, I'd say this year's draft class.