News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/29 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - San Francisco, CA - Post Show Discussion

Started by mbw, October 30, 2014, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

PHiSH
10/29/2014
Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
San Francisco, CA

I
Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, The Moma Dance > We Are the Champions[1] > The Moma Dance > Free, Back on the Train, Yarmouth Road, Strange Design > Taste, The Wedge, The Line, Wolfman's Brother

II
First Tube > Down with Disease[2] > Theme From the Bottom > Split Open and Melt, Heavy Things > Light -> Possum

E
Contact, Meatstick > Character Zero

[1] Phish debut; instrumental and chorus only.
[2] Unfinished.

Notes: The Phish debut of We Are the Champions was played as an instrumental immediately following the San Francisco Giants' victory in game seven of the World Series. Only the chorus of We Are the Champions was performed. Yarmouth included a We Are the Champions tease from Trey.  Following a "let's go Giants" chant after The Wedge, Page congratulated the Giants, adding that he watched the whole series. Trey told the crowd that Page was a Mets fan and that Page watches every Mets game streamed on his phone with many of them on the organ while the band's playing. Page said  "we can't be world champions all the time... or ever." Trey then introduced The Line in honor of losers in sports. Disease was unfinished. Trey quoted All About That Bass in Contact.

sunrisevt

Hold the phone--"All About That Bass" uses the same melody as the verses of Contact. Nans on the quote from Trey? Did he sing a line or something

And my East Coast friends in attendance pretty much panned this show, hard. Any 'paugers care to weigh in?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Quote from: sunrisevt on October 30, 2014, 10:49:06 AM
Hold the phone--"All About That Bass" uses the same melody as the verses of Contact. Nans on the quote from Trey? Did he sing a line or something

Yes, sadly Trey started singing 'All about that bass' during the outro of Contact. I blame his daughters.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

rowjimmy

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

cactusfan

And my East Coast friends in attendance pretty much panned this show, hard. Any 'paugers care to weigh in?

wrong coast. maybe they didn't get their normal fill of hippie crack pre-show?

the energy in there was fantastic. giants winning added to it. the band looked a bit confused at first during MOMA when the audience all went nuts seemingly at random. but they caught on quick, and went into We Are the Champions.

other than that, first set wasn't too exciting, aside from a hot Wolfman's at the end.

set 2 had a lot of nice bits, in typical 3.0 fashion. i thought Melt sounded great, and they got into some beautifully weird stuff during Light. can't say i was too thrilled with a Possum closer, but so it goes.

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

sunrisevt

Quote from: cactusfan on October 30, 2014, 01:17:54 PM

wrong coast. maybe they didn't get their normal fill of hippie crack pre-show?

the energy in there was fantastic. giants winning added to it. the band looked a bit confused at first during MOMA when the audience all went nuts seemingly at random. but they caught on quick, and went into We Are the Champions.

other than that, first set wasn't too exciting, aside from a hot Wolfman's at the end.

set 2 had a lot of nice bits, in typical 3.0 fashion. i thought Melt sounded great, and they got into some beautifully weird stuff during Light. can't say i was too thrilled with a Possum closer, but so it goes.

Gotcha.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mattstick

Listened from Moma > Wolfman's this morning - not my favourite songs but a great first set...

We Are The Champions tease in Yarmouth Road

Augustus

mattstick