News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Please help with BT problem

Started by kkaye, January 12, 2005, 02:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkaye

Im having some problems creating a bit torrent, Ive been using it for over a year and now today have strange problems. I have been using Torrent Spy , I tried to reinstall, and even tried using a new app, Make Torrent.

This is the problem, I create the torrent and upload it to etree as I normally due, now when I open the torrent and point it to the proper folder, this is what happens ? ? ?

1) It opens to the top level dir, ie C:DAT instead C:DAT/ph1997-08.1997.flac and tries to connect as a leech instead of "checking the data" and then showing up as a seed, its not pointing to the folder I selected in the first place.  ( I keep all my transfers/torrents in my dir I named DAT)

2) The files I point to in the folder I selected, now are copied to the top level dir Im using IE C:DAT

I cannot figure this out , Ive tried reinstall, new programs , and this has never happened before.
What concerns me is that I did the reinstall,even tried a new app and had the same problem.
Torrent Spy is really easy to use, I cannot find any tabs that I might have changed by mistake
(its worked for over a year no problem)

I tried to give as much info as I can, Im really frustrated this happens today, the last torrent I created on 12/29 worked fine. Please help!

In summary, when I try to launch the torrent I created, the files in the folder I point to are copied to the top level dir (C:DAT) and I can no longer seed. Instead of "checking data" then seeding, I am connecting as a leech.

PS I am trying to seed my transfer of -8-14-1997, my favorite show I saw, and need some help! Thanks!

guyforget

Make sure that the .torrent was properly created by checking the list of files on the bt.etree.org page for your .torrent.  It should show you the directory structure and the files that the .torrent is for.  If everything is good there Id say that the problem isnt the .torrent, but your bit torrent download client.
-AD_

kkaye

You mean check in the "list files" option that is just above "see seeds / leeches" on the bt.etree page for the torrent? I am using an ancient version of the client from bt.degreez.net (sp?) Bit Tornado

Perhaps it is time to try a new client? Any suggestions? Like Azerus?

Thanks for the tip, it's just strange how after so long it started acting up.

Im just excited to launch my transfer of DarienLake 97.

guyforget

Quote from: kkayeYou mean check in the "list files" option that is just above "see seeds / leeches" on the bt.etree page for the torrent?

Yeah, that link.  Itll show you all of the files/folders that your torrent is for.  If all of the files and locations are correct in your torrent then Id suspect your client.  

Quote from: kkayeI am using an ancient version of the client from bt.degreez.net (sp?) Bit Tornado

Perhaps it is time to try a new client? Any suggestions? Like Azerus?

You should definitely upgrade your client anyway.  Its all personal preference though, I still prefer Bit Tornado, but many prefer Azureus and ABC.  

Quote from: kkaye
Thanks for the tip, it's just strange how after so long it started acting up.

Im just excited to launch my transfer of DarienLake 97.

Whats your source?   :D
-AD_

kkaye

see :

http://db.etree.org/shninfo_detail.php?shnid=27677

If I cannot get it going, could I ftp it to someone?
Matt, I think Ive used your server before for some Trey shns

:D

guyforget

Nice, I needed an upgrade.  Was hoping you had the FOB AKG; Ive never heard that one.  

How about a link to the torrent page for it?  You can PM it to me and Ill check out your files list and see if anything looks fishy.  If nothing else we can arrange an ftp session, of course.  :)
-AD_

kkaye

Thanks the torrent is working now!

And I am also working on aquiring the FOB AKG source for a comparision, and eventual BT

guyforget

Sweet, thanks for the upgrade Kevin!   :D  :D
-AD_

kkaye

guyforget

-AD_

kkaye

Help! Not out of the woods yet, even though I got things running,
the files in the seed folder are still being copied to the top level directory???

I changed clients, etc, etc, any tips?? :cry: