News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

3/6/09 YEM's

Started by redrum, March 19, 2009, 11:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

tweezerfan

it was not intentional!

Ri©h

Quote from: tweezerfan on March 19, 2009, 11:42:50 PM
it was not intentional!

Trey started in the wrong key.  If it was intentional, well, the joke was on those attending.  :wink:

blatboom

Quote from: blatboom on March 20, 2009, 12:11:28 AM
the thing about the YEM is that the restart didn't sound much better than the first try.

Ri©h

blatboom

Ri©h

+k for you're optimism.  8-)

Mr Minor

sweet blog, dude.

And no, not intentional.

Gumbo72203

man, you know...  i don't know.  I almost think they did it on purpose, because of the fact that they had to do it the last time they played the song at that venue. 

cuz after the intro, EVERYONE is off...  very blatantly.  but then on the re-try, its all fine...   

if it wasn't on purpose, I think that they all must have been thinking about it, and then laughing...  or that Trey remembered it, and started laughing so hard that it threw everyone off. 

i'm not sure.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Never trust a prankster.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

redrum

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 20, 2009, 11:50:39 AM
man, you know...  i don't know.  I almost think they did it on purpose, because of the fact that they had to do it the last time they played the song at that venue. 

cuz after the intro, EVERYONE is off...  very blatantly.  but then on the re-try, its all fine...   

if it wasn't on purpose, I think that they all must have been thinking about it, and then laughing...  or that Trey remembered it, and started laughing so hard that it threw everyone off. 

i'm not sure.

Gordo gives it away.

i just listened to it again loudly, and he's all like plink, plunk, plunk, clank, plunk, plunk.
maybe the most off i've ever heard him.

and then they all kinda just fade out. to me the fade sounds like they were expecting to stop.
do you think Gordo woulda forgot how to play YEM at a show with that much importance?

they prolly practiced that tune just as much if not more than any others.

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Gumbo72203

yeah thats what i'm sayin....  you hear Mike play a note after everyone else has stopped after the "first" intro.  and then when they start up the next part, Fish doesn't even start, Page is way off, and Trey is just all sorts of fucked up.

i listened to it like 20 times mad loudly to try and figure out what Trey was saying after he says "were starting this song again"
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

sls.stormyrider

without seeing the look on theire faces, my guess when I first hear that was it was too much of a coincidence given Jan 03.

of course, I 've been wrong before.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

McGrupp

Why would they intentionally do this? My guess is that Trey just had a flashback of 03 and couldnt shake the thought/feeling of when it happened that time. It just got to him and he 'had' to start it over. I just don't really see any good that would come out of them intentionally messing it up...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?