News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016/10/28-31 - MGM Grand Arena - Las Vegas, NV - Roll Call Thread

Started by emay, August 02, 2016, 02:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 02, 2016, 06:59:37 PM
Alright, can I be the first to ask the obvious question....?

What the hell are they gonna do for Halloween?! All bets are off after 2014. Anything goes!

Gamehendge, complete with stage theatrics and actors.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 03, 2016, 08:10:53 AM

What the hell are they gonna do for Halloween?! All bets are off after 2014. Anything goes!

One of these times, this prediction will come true.
(at least that's what I keep telling myself)
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 03, 2016, 08:29:34 AM

There's like a 1% chance of this happening. Like, maybe one of Trey's daughters gets the Gamehendge tape and becomes obsessed with it and convinces her dad they need to do it. But I really doubt it.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: PGLHAH on August 03, 2016, 08:32:02 AM

There's like a 1% chance of this happening. Like, maybe one of Trey's daughters gets the Gamehendge tape and becomes obsessed with it and convinces her dad they need to do it. But I really doubt it.

I love this idea.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PGLHAH on August 03, 2016, 08:32:02 AM

99/1 chance huh? I'll take $100 on it! Vegas baby!
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

i know we're assuming a 3 set show on the 31st, but i don't see anything in the tour info saying so. did i miss it?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: cactusfan on August 03, 2016, 12:09:53 PM

i know we're assuming a 3 set show on the 31st, but i don't see anything in the tour info saying so. did i miss it?

Didn't say anything last time either - the first clue that it would be 3 sets was when livephish put up pricing for the CDs and FLACs and they were slightly higher than every other show. 

I'm confident it will be a three set affair.

cactusfan

Quote from: PGLHAH on August 03, 2016, 12:11:57 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on August 03, 2016, 12:09:53 PM

Didn't say anything last time either - the first clue that it would be 3 sets was when livephish put up pricing for the CDs and FLACs and they were slightly higher than every other show. 

I'm confident it will be a three set affair.

true, it would be strange if it wasn't. i didn't recall they hadn't mentioned it last time.

PIE-GUY

Wife sold on the plan. Flights and hotel booked. Just need tickets now.

VDB

I think the only reason they'd bother to extend the run through a Monday would be to make the 10/31 show an actual, special Halloween show. So that seems a given.

What's not a given, however, is my wife allowing this trip to happen. But I think I have plenty of time to work my charms.
Is this still Wombat?

whatapiper

I guess I will be one of those fools not making it to Halloween this year, just can't pull it off. I'll take two out of four any day.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

anthrax

Caravan2001

Word is that they will announce Halloween set well in advance of the show because they are hoping to get people to dress up according to it's theme.  It has a lot of people guessing Thriller or Rocky Horror but I'd be surprised at either of those. Either way.  I have had my hotel reservation since February, so I will be there for Monday at the very least.

birdman

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 04, 2016, 02:19:43 AM
Word is that they will announce Halloween set well in advance of the show because they are hoping to get people to dress up according to it's theme.  It has a lot of people guessing Thriller or Rocky Horror but I'd be surprised at either of those. Either way.  I have had my hotel reservation since February, so I will be there for Monday at the very least.
Fascinating.
I'm guessing it'll be "Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat.
I'll go get my sewing machine.
Paug FTMFW!

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 04, 2016, 02:19:43 AM

Kinda like moe. did with their Big Lebowski and Star Wars shows?! That's be awesome.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.