News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Metal Thread

Started by Gumbo72203, November 06, 2012, 11:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

∆∆∆

How does he not find the guy wearing the Anthrax shirt for his interview?  Probably better.  Would've schooled his ass on the topic of metal :rawk:

Gumbo72203

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 06, 2017, 01:28:28 PM
If only they'd have run into Anthrax!!

I wish they ran into me!  I would have totally schooled them on the merits of Type II '99 jamming and then gone into how Altars of Madness was groundbreaking for death metal because Pete Sandoval basically invented the modern blast beat technique with that one, and how Suffocation's old material still holds up because Pierced From Within is a monster, and also how Entombed's "Left Hand Path" basically invented the Swedish death metal style with their use of the Boss HM-2 pedal to get that buzzsaw guitar tone.  Glorious stuff. 

I would have blown their mind. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

anthrax

Strike my previous statement from the record.  I'd rather just watch gumbo and this dude talk to each other!

jam>

The two guys who started the Metal Sucks blog lived in my apartment right before I moved into it. I still occasionally get mail from Swedish metal bands with CDs in there.

anthrax

Quote from: jam> on October 15, 2017, 10:39:48 PM
The two guys who started the Metal Sucks blog lived in my apartment right before I moved into it. I still occasionally get mail from Swedish metal bands with CDs in there.

now that's a sweet perk!

PIE-GUY

Ok these kids are killing it... Both of 'em!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

khalpin

Finally!  An official King Diamond concert video.  I saw him on the Abigail and Them tours back in the day.  It's been a long time comin....

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/king-diamond-to-release-songs-for-the-dead-live-dvd-blu-ray-in-january/

anthrax

Quote from: khalpin on December 06, 2018, 07:38:11 PM
Finally!  An official King Diamond concert video.  I saw him on the Abigail and Them tours back in the day.  It's been a long time comin....

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/king-diamond-to-release-songs-for-the-dead-live-dvd-blu-ray-in-january/

never got into him too much, but i'm game. 

mbw

I never knew the Scorpions went so deep in the 70's

westcider

Quote from: mbw on December 22, 2018, 12:05:41 PM
I never knew the Scorpions went so deep in the 70's

Uli is amazing

khalpin

anthrax

^^^ very nice!!

btw, how's that new king diamond video?

khalpin

Damn thing is on back-order till March.   :x