News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Thanksgiving Football

Started by ucusty, November 23, 2006, 09:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucusty

Games are kinda boring this year...  hopefully the scores will be close.  Plus acc football tonight as well...

tet

not like i can watch the game on NFL Network, probably the only worthwhile one...   :frustrated:

f you NFL, and f you Cablevision... :samurai:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ucusty

Quote from: tet on November 23, 2006, 10:28:14 AM
not like i can watch the game on NFL Network, probably the only worthwhile one...   :frustrated:

f you NFL, and f you Cablevision... :samurai:

yea its not on time warner  either, but im in Indiana, with comcast so i'll get it!
what is the nfl thinking?

tet

Quote from: ucusty on November 23, 2006, 12:47:50 PM
yea its not on time warner  either, but im in Indiana, with comcast so i'll get it!
what is the nfl thinking?

bargaining power.  they know how much their product is worth - ESPN and NBC are each paying billions of dollars for the rights to air a single game every week.  by putting the games on their own network, the NFL is saying "you don't wanna pay?  fine, we can show em for free until you change your minds..."
-Phish

ucusty

Quote from: tet on November 23, 2006, 12:54:10 PM
bargaining power.  they know how much their product is worth - ESPN and NBC are each paying billions of dollars for the rights to air a single game every week.  by putting the games on their own network, the NFL is saying "you don't wanna pay?  fine, we can show em for free until you change your minds..."

well maybe they should offer their effin channel on more cable providers systems.

what about cbs and fox? why didnt they put the bid in on the bronco/cheifs games?  what are they thinking?

there will be 3-4 more games on the nfl network this season.  then wait all the cable providers will pick up the nfl network and poof no more live games.  mark my words

ucusty

when I had direct tv they offered the nfl network and espnu as part of their standard package  :clap:  i must say i did enjoy both channels

tet

Quote from: ucusty on November 23, 2006, 01:41:49 PM
well maybe they should offer their effin channel on more cable providers systems.

what about cbs and fox? why didnt they put the bid in on the bronco/cheifs games?  what are they thinking?

there will be 3-4 more games on the nfl network this season.  then wait all the cable providers will pick up the nfl network and poof no more live games.  mark my words

the NFL network wants to be paid more per subscriber than ESPN, CNN, or any other standard cable channel, yet wants to be put on the basic cable tier - meaning, cable companies cannot charge extra for it, unlike, say, a "sports tier" with your local hockey/basketball channels.  cable companies have balked at this (as they did to the Yankees' YES network), but they will eventually have to cave in due to customer demand.  the NFL is going to win one way or the other, it's just the fans like us that are losing out... remember their deal with EA Sports and Madden?  same monopolistic shit...  and god knows, they don't give a shit about us... 
-Phish

Guyute

I have the NFL Network, game stunk, turned it off.

I can't wait until ATT and Verizon are offering full TV service.  When ATT started offering it in the San Antonio cable price went down 30%.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.