News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

IE users, please test site again now...

Started by tet, April 17, 2006, 04:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

Just upgraded MySQL from version 4.x to 5.x, maybe that will make a difference...  lemme know ASAP please!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

hmm, still doesn't work on one of my PCs here...
-Phish

sophist

im still getting a blank page  :|
thank you for trying to fix it.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

August

tet

goddamn non-standards-compliant mass market browsers...
-Phish

August

Quote from: tet on April 17, 2006, 05:24:15 PM
goddamn non-standards-compliant mass market browsers...

this post has been moved to the
"there goes the neighborhood" forum...  :wink:
a

whats up with the attachments.
btw, it seems that ie was not allowing my ticket stubs to be seen.
but in firefox, they are displayed within the post (for a little while at least!)
a

tet

with the attachments on the board here?

heh, they have been disabled because SMF (our forums software) and MySQL (our database software that runs the forums, among other things on the server) do not get along in their newest versions.  I upgrade the MySQL version to try to fix the wiki on IE problem, and it created a whole host of problems due to either a) improper coding in SMF's PHP scripting or b) improper interpretation of coding in MySQL.  my guess is the former, though they deny it... but, apparently any reference in the PHP code to attachments is returning an integer-based response, and the software is actually looking for something else.  there's a workaround that will require some hacking of several PHP files, so until they spell out exactly how to do that, I'm going to just keep attachments disabled and not deal with the weirdness that can occur. 
-Phish

tet

if any of that makes sense, step into my office...  why?  because you're fuckin fired!!
-Phish