News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

EDJ started charging $2.00

Started by ucusty, January 21, 2005, 11:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucusty

jedifunk

knew there was a reason i didn't use that site.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

I have Kevin Shaprio's email around here somewhere....

guyforget

I went to try to finish my dvd download this AM and got that retarded message.  

EDJ can suggit.  This is seriously a violation of what online trading is all about, nobody pays to download what should be free.  

I hope to see their site dead in a month.   :roll:  :roll:

You can rest assured that we here at week4paug.net are not new to this scene and will be here for a while to come.  We will not be asking you for money.  

I would love to put up our own sharing ratio enforced bit torrent tracker so that we could form a community that actually shares and helps each other instead of all having to deal with all of the leeching and flaming and etree ego drama bullshit that goes on at bt.etree.org but Im just too busy lately with real work and life to really get on it.  I have several prospects, but they are merely a dream at this point.
-AD_

ucusty

guy i still have some of the dvds on my hd what did you need? i never got the 12/30/97.

db.etree/org/uncusty

guyforget

2/16/97 disc 2 is what I need to complete.  I didnt download that 12/30/97 because it looked like junk.  Alot of those old VHS transfers arent really worth the bandwidth, IMO.  I grab shows that I was at regardless (I got that New Haven '98 and that Cinci '99), but they often only get watched once.  

Theres a pretty long discussion that I havent fully read going on in their forums:

http://www.everydayjones.com/BitTorrent/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1971

I posted early and then went to work and havent caught up.  Im really only interested in hearing from the people in charge though, I dont care to read 12 pages of random people bitching.  Id like to hear from their admins though; so I can ask them WTF they were thinking.  

They wont be around long; and not just because of disgruntled users, but Phish Inc. (among others) will be on their ass in no time.  Then they wont even be able to host Phish DVDs anymore. . .
-AD_

mattstick

I guess enough people complained, I logged in to check that thread and I had a pm from the admin that the site is free again...

ucusty

what kind of buissness are they running over there?

justinh830

2-16-97 is over on the Traders Den... that is where everyone migrated to.

guyforget

Thanks for the tip, JustinH.  

Hopefully even though that douche at EDJ decided to do away with the payments nobody will go back to seeding there.
-AD_