News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sweet 16 - Round 3 - Abbey Road Region 3-Nirvana v. 2-PinkFloyd

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 25, 2011, 07:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 27, 2011, 11:38:10 PM
Quote from: phishhead92 on March 27, 2011, 11:29:01 PM
Quote from: danje on March 27, 2011, 09:52:24 PM
Echoes and Jupiter and Beyond:

Exactly!

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 27, 2011, 09:34:57 PM
Quote from: phishhead92 on March 27, 2011, 07:40:58 PM
Quote from: qop24 on March 27, 2011, 10:33:14 AM
Meh. I always prefered pink floyd with my eyes closed, and not being a stereotypical high-school stoner who only knows DSOTM because it's that album that does funny things at certain times during _____ movie.
Yeah I know wizard of oz. Another one that works is meddle and 2001 a space odyssey. But you are right, it is better when you dont have any visuals.

Yeah, but Dark Side of the Rainbow is really fun when done right. Alamo Drafthouse plays it every year during their "High for the Holidays" series. Seeing it on the big screen with a huge sound system and an 150 really fucked up people is pretty sweet.
Best time to start is right when the screen goes black after the 3 roars from the lion.

You can tell  cause breathe will sync with the opening credits or maybe its the "Wizard of Oz" title. But it will be obvious. And just let the album repeat after

I don't mean "when it's timed just right" I mean when it's "done right." Nevermind.

HA HA!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard Between this and the Beatles being over-rated, I just don't even bother anymore!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

phil

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 28, 2011, 06:03:13 AM
I know this may sound strange, and alot of you may not agree with me... But I've found that Foo Fighters has more staying power than Nirvana. Aside from Unplugged I haven't listened to Nirvana in ages, but I find myself wanting to listen to The Colour And The Shape quite often.

I'll agree with that. Can't go wrong with Dave Grohl, imo. The colour and the shape is pretty damn awesome, and I can even tolerate a lot of the material on In Your Honor.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: phil on March 28, 2011, 04:52:41 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 28, 2011, 06:03:13 AM
I know this may sound strange, and alot of you may not agree with me... But I've found that Foo Fighters has more staying power than Nirvana. Aside from Unplugged I haven't listened to Nirvana in ages, but I find myself wanting to listen to The Colour And The Shape quite often.

I'll agree with that. Can't go wrong with Dave Grohl, imo. The colour and the shape is pretty damn awesome, and I can even tolerate a lot of the material on In Your Honor.

Funny, I feel the same exact way.

I think Nirvana is more culturally emblamatic than they are truly awesome.