News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Elite 8 - Terrapin Station Region - 1-Grateful Dead v 2-Led Zeppelin

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 30, 2011, 10:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qop24

was referring to the drummer discussion from w/e that other voting thread was, and was also being a dick
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

kellerb

Quote from: qop24 on March 31, 2011, 05:37:20 PM
was referring to the drummer discussion from w/e that other voting thread was, and was also being a dick

I think its pretty clear we've got way too many drummers on this board. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on March 31, 2011, 06:37:59 PM
Quote from: qop24 on March 31, 2011, 05:37:20 PM

I think its pretty clear we've got way too many drummers on this board. 

How many drummers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None, they've got a machine that can do anything a drummer can.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

rowjimmy

Lulz.

Grateful Dead destroy Led Zeppelin.

Any professional stoner knows this.

qop24

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 31, 2011, 11:06:59 PM
Lulz.

Oh, you are done crying and listening to Dylan?
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

rowjimmy

Quote from: qop24 on April 01, 2011, 08:54:12 AM
Lulz.

STFU N00b.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Lifeboy

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 01, 2011, 09:28:53 AM
Quote from: qop24 on April 01, 2011, 08:54:12 AM
Lulz.

STFU N00b.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

MiamiPhish

Quote from: sophist on March 31, 2011, 09:47:12 AM
I'm sorry you guys think shitting out the same blues licks with flat fourths and string bending constitutes shredding.  At the end of the day, Jimmy Page relied too heavily on the pentatonic scale, where as Garcia was so well versed in music theory that it's not even close.  Playing faster doesn't mean he's better.

Sorry I'm late to the party... but really... SHITTING out notes?  I'd say this is bordering on blasphemous.

I think it's ridiculous to point out that Page had a crutch to his playing and to turn a blind eye to Garcia's crutches on the instrument.

Let's face it, neither are/were the world's greatest technicians on the instrument.  And Garcia grew up in the 60s San Fran, whereas Page grew up in the 60s London.

So, basically, apples and oranges.  But to say it's not even close?  That's definitely a lol.

rowjimmy

JPhishman

I'm sorry you guys think shitting out the same blues licks with flat fourths and string bending constitutes shredding.  At the end of the day, Jimmy Page relied too heavily on the pentatonic scale, where as Garcia was so well versed in music theory that it's not even close.  Playing faster doesn't mean he's better.

OK I voted  :syf: by a wide margin and I prefer Jerry's playing and all. But you're saying Jimmy Page didn't shred? Really?
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

antelope19

Quote from: JPhishman on April 01, 2011, 12:13:36 PM

OK I voted  :syf: by a wide margin and I prefer Jerry's playing and all. But you're saying Jimmy Page didn't shred? Really?

This

:-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment