News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Louisville VS Rutgers

Started by ucusty, November 09, 2006, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucusty

hopefully Rutgers wins tonight.  Silence all this Big East BCS championship crap.  No undefeated big east team currently deserves to play for the NC.  Maybe WV was worthy, but they really havent beat anybody great,  They would be able to make a stronger case if they had a tougher out of conference schedule.

guyforget

-AD_

jedifunk

fuck that... if you go undefeated, you have just as much right as any other undefeated to play for the NC...

i dont care what school it is....  saying that the 'ville has no right to the NC if they go undefeated doesnt work.  besides, they've got a great team, and the big east aint no slouch... WVA, rutgers are both top 20 teams along with louisville... and its been pretty competitive this season...

personally, i like them more than michigan (OSU looks pretty good this year), and none of the 1 loss teams deserve shit if there is another undefeated out there.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

and screw out of conference schedules.... look at the cream puffs all the so called "powers" played... they all play division 2 schools.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ucusty

weak schedule = no right to play for the NC

Plus you know there is no way in hell louisville could hang w/ ohio st

jedifunk

bullshit...

OSU doesnt have a great schedule either... the big ten is fucking weak this year... really weak...  other than michigan, and iowa/wisco to a lesser degree, the conference is down... the ACC sucks this year...  the big 12 sucks, other than texas but they've got 1 loss so fuck them....

the pac-10 and sec have been the best conferences this year.....  so IMO the big east hangs with all of those.  it had/has 2 top 10 teams all season, plus rutgers which is having a great year...

i say, GO CARDS!  let the BCS bastards sweat.... and if you've got 1 loss FUCK OFF :-D
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

ucusty

Quote from: jedifunk on November 09, 2006, 04:52:07 PM
bullshit...

OSU doesnt have a great schedule either... the big ten is fucking weak this year... really weak...  other than michigan, and iowa/wisco to a lesser degree, the conference is down... the ACC sucks this year...  the big 12 sucks, other than texas but they've got 1 loss so fuck them....

the pac-10 and sec have been the best conferences this year.....  so IMO the big east hangs with all of those.  it had/has 2 top 10 teams all season, plus rutgers which is having a great year...

i say, GO CARDS!  let the BCS bastards sweat.... and if you've got 1 loss FUCK OFF :-D

ok i hate ohio state but they have /had 2 #2 teams on there schedule,  they do play teams like bowling green. etc
mark my words a big east team will not play for the NC

guyforget

Rutgers is playing pretty well. 

4th quarter, tied, Rutgers just got the ball at their 8.  92 yards to go...

I dont discredit the Big East.  Just because we dont have any of the perennial big names like the SEC or more recently, the PAC10; but look at other big name conferences like the ACC this season.  Having the names doesnt always help.  WVU has won the Big East multiple times, and has had 2 undefeated seasons in '88 and '93.  There is still legacy in the conference, Pitt has been a football school for years until just recently when Wanstadt took over.  Hopefully he can get his program up there turned around, and with Rutgers coming along, Louisville coming along, and WVU to lead the charge the Big East stands to be just as respected as it once was.  What are VA Tech, Miami, and BC doing this season, anyway? 

The key thing that Rutgers hasnt done tonight is the exact thing that killed WVU last Thursday - Tunovers.  The dropped passes havent helped, but not committing turnovers is critical in a game like this, and theyve done well so far. 
-AD_

ucusty

even if louisville can win, (its looking like a big if) they are not good enough to play for the NC

ucusty

Ballgame!!!

Guyute

what a fantastic game.  Ito drilling the 45 yard kick to tie was amazing.  And then the mental collapse creating a rekick for the final one was great.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

tet

instant classic!  i was wondering why the Empire State Building was red as we landed at Newark last nite, got home in time for the 2nd quarter...  what a great game!!  Rutgers completely outplayed them, it was fun as hell to watch even though i'm not the biggest college football fan. 

i'm quite interested to see this week's rankings now!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ucusty

the rutgers o-line & d-line won that game

tet

for anyone who missed the game, they are apparently replaying it on ESPN Classic tonight at 7pm EDT...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ucusty

i think IF rutgers can win out they will play a BCS game, which would be big $$$ for the university.  however THEY WILL NOT PLAY for the NC.  either way congrats are in order
:clap: