News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/22 - Blue Cross Arena - Rochester, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mehead, October 22, 2013, 11:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

So Gumbo is hating and dyslexic and Mar is giving them the benefit of the doubt?  :-o
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

DoW

Quote from: PG on October 23, 2013, 07:51:08 AM
Quote from: DoW on October 23, 2013, 06:21:32 AM

I love show discussions on this board.

Me, too. Really gets me pumped for the shows I'll be seeing this weekend! 

What time does the Jauntee come on on Friday night?
comments like this are what make me continue to read these things.
:beers: :wtu:
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

emay

listened to the crosseyed on the way to work. not bad. ripchord'd hard on the end when it just sounded like it was about to go somewhere.
got some potential this tour.

macaronihead

I was pretty broken up about not being able to go home to Rochester for this one... Let's just say I'm not anymore.

Gumbo72203

I'm glad I went, but it was just a weird night.  Way undersold, huge swaths of open seats.  Band did not throwdown.  The oddest thing was how loud the room was vs the bands PA system.  It felt awkward, because you couldn't hear Mike or a lot of what Fishman was doing.  I'll let the tapes decide how it all went but it was a strange experience, it felt like I was dancing to a band on the radio or a home stereo system, rather than a booming concert.

Just lots of indifference and the band wasn't doing their part to work the crowd up.  Really flat energy-wise for most of the 2nd set. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

gah

i don't read miner's reviews often, but it looks like even he, the king of fluffers, thought it fell flat.

I guess that answers blats questions about why they don't play like they did the other night if they're capable of it. Maybe its because they simply aren't capable of it on a nightly basis.

Ah well.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Lifeboy

Quote from: DoW on October 23, 2013, 06:21:32 AM
we've resorted to now blaming the crowd for the show performance?

If it were anyone other than Gumbo making that ridiculous statement, I would have asked the same thing...

seriously.  :|
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

McGrupp

I heard that "the crowd was young and stupid" and that people were "throwing shit at the band"
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

emay

too many woos,  :samurai:

not enough woos  :samurai:

too many glow sticks  :samurai:

wooks  :samurai:

tiny hats  :samurai:

no jamz  :samurai:

whaley 24 min jamz  :samurai:

3.0 jamz  :samurai:

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay