News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

JGB - Melvin Seals with John Kadlecik

Started by Superfreakie, August 15, 2019, 07:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mbw

emay

hell yah! awesome you guys got on that show, that'll be a big one for the mtn crowd.
I'll be there if im in CO for NYE

shoreline99

Congrats, Scotty

But I think I've seen that image before

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

WhatstheUse?

Thanks y'all. Would've been my 10th NYE in a row at Phish. Alas...
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Superfreakie

Heads up folks. If you like JGB, go see this band. They were mighty mighty fine last night. Melvin has not lost a step, in fact I think he is better now than when I used to see him with Jerry (likely because he has more opportunity to shine). How can you not love his bubbly B3? He's one of my favorites. Really soulful playing. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on October 10, 2019, 04:52:44 PM
Heads up folks. If you like JGB, go see this band. They were mighty mighty fine last night. Melvin has not lost a step, in fact I think he is better now than when I used to see him with Jerry (likely because he has more opportunity to shine). How can you not love his bubbly B3? He's one of my favorites. Really soulful playing.

I debated rolling down for the Portland show but Tues is a tough night to pull the 7 hr drive.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Was it Kadlecik on guitar?
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 10, 2019, 07:12:52 PM

Fake Jer in da house.
He's filling in for this tour from what I understand.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 10, 2019, 07:19:34 PM

Fake Jer in da house.

Yes, John K on guitar. And he was great.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbw

Quote from: Superfreakie on October 10, 2019, 10:03:21 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 10, 2019, 07:19:34 PM

Fake Jer in da house.

Yes, John K on guitar. And he was great.

the Real Fake Jerry

Last time I saw Melvin and JGB was after Tahoe '11 and it was super hot.

pcr3

I gotta second SF's recommendation to check this band out with JK.  He and Melvin had GREAT chemistry,  the way they played with each other was almost telepathic.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

emay

It is better than the Melvin & JGB I have seen before. Glad that John K is strengthening the Jerry element in the band. He really is the best one for the job. They played in CO already and are coming back again in Nov and Dec (pretty sure Melvin just lives in the attic of Be On Keys).