News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Ray Sawyer (Dr. Hook)

Started by mistercharlie, January 01, 2019, 07:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Just saw the news that Ray Sawyer passed away last night. Dr. Hook was always one of my all-time favorite bands. They were where the sidewalk ended and the hippie movement began for me as a child.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

nab

This is painful and poetic.  Like mistercharlie: "There were where the sidewalk ended and the hippie movement began for me as a child."

My mother was a huge fan of Dr. Hook and introduced me to the band at a young age.  Unfortunately, she will also pass in the next few days.

Sorry, that's heavy, but it is the truth and I had to say it.     

Buffalo Budd

Really sorry to her that nab.
RIP Ray Sawyer
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

My condolences nab, hopefully you are with her and she is as comfortable as possible over the next few days.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

I'm so sorry to read this, nab.
Sending love to you and your family.