News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars

Started by redrum, December 30, 2007, 05:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

yikes i hate 3d, but i guess if its your thing then go for it.
personally i think 2d was more than enough action.

btw, nothin beats gettin the SW juices flowin from seein movie then comin home to play the new Battlefront game.
been smackin fools with bobafett for the last hour- suhweet!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

birdman

I opted for the Imax 3D and it was unbelievable. Ill see the 2d version somewhere along the line, but you only get to see it once for the first time. Go Imax if you can.
Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

Have tickets for a 2D showing. Starting there seems "right."  Wednesday at 3pm. Alamo Drafthouse. Will be watching with a (512) Pecan Porrter in my hand. Yes.

I assume the other thread has spoilers. Will not open it until after i see this beast.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 20, 2015, 10:03:41 AM

I assume the other thread has spoilers. Will not open it until after i see this beast.

It's more tempting than the Dark Side of the Force!! But I will wait until I've had a chance to see it also.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

I saw it in 3D in the D-BOX seats.  Definitely added to the experience.  Some of the 3D effects were worthwhile.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on December 20, 2015, 11:03:15 AM

I saw it in 3D in the D-BOX seats.  Definitely added to the experience.  Some of the 3D effects were worthwhile.

Can I just say that "D-Box" may be the worst product name and biggest marketing fail of all time?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on December 20, 2015, 11:05:42 AM
Quote from: mattstick on December 20, 2015, 11:03:15 AM

Can I just say that "D-Box" may be the worst product name and biggest marketing fail of all time?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

btw, i found it real interesting that cable wasnt spamming the old movies this last month.
usually theyve been on throughout the holididays ever year anyway and i especially expected it this year.
i thought maybe it was Disney holding them back like theyve done with their other old films, EG snow white or whatever, where theyd only show them once a year on tv, but after a quick google all i could find is that SPIKE held the rights to air them from 2008-2014 despite Disney taking over.
couldnt find anything about if Spike still has th contract for cable...

VA $l!m

spending my new years eve terrorizing ewoks

rowjimmy

A fan-made film, shot in Canadia, that is pretty great.
Mostly practical effects including stop-motion and filmed in -30ºC temps on a glacier...

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

anthrax

mistercharlie

anthrax

pcr3

Quote from: anthrax on January 21, 2016, 08:42:36 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on January 21, 2016, 08:34:13 PM
Quote from: anthrax on January 21, 2016, 08:29:20 PM
Quote from: VDB on January 20, 2016, 08:02:33 PM
Episode VIII pushed back seven months to Dec. 2017.

christmas money is just too sweet to pass up.

Plus everyone has time off work and the kids aren't in school.

which translates to...even more money.

With a six year old obsessed-with-everything-StarWars-related son, I'm happy to spend it.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3