News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Rolling Stone Trey Interview

Started by sophist, July 22, 2013, 02:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: birdman on July 22, 2013, 05:10:12 PM
"Like I said before, we used to do that when we were 25, because you're 25 and it's easy. But we're busy. So the fact that we're even together, I don't even care how it comes out. Hopefully it comes out great, but I'm not thinking about that. I'm happy to have just carved out a time to sit in the room with those guys, and the fact that 30 years later it feels exactly like it felt in 1988.I'm still with my best friends and everybody's healthy and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I just like being with those guys. It doesn't last forever, so I'm taking it while I got it.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about going to Phish shows these days.
holla.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

blatboom

But we're busy. So the fact that we're even together, I don't even care how it comes out.

I mean I know this is apparent in the music but am I the only one irritated by this?

VA $l!m

Quote from: blatboom on July 23, 2013, 03:41:38 PM
But we're busy. So the fact that we're even together, I don't even care how it comes out.

I mean I know this is apparent in the music but am I the only one irritated by this?
its slightly out of context, but yeah thats the interesting part.
i think trey only half meant that to come out sounding like a douche, lol. or just some realism/honesty.
the other half i think he was just trying to express how thankful he was to be playing  with the band at all.
i wouldnt read tooo much into it TBh.

sorta how B-Man was commenting about it in a positive way. i think that is what Trey was trying to say.
like 'I dont even CARE!!! how it comes out!! ( its all good! because i'm so high on life right now!!!) sorta thing.
though, perhaps a lil freaudian slip as well, lol.

PIE-GUY

I think he's talking about the studio work they are doing, not the playing live... He is saying that they're recording and writing music, but it may never be released as an album because it may all suck... but at least they're enjoying the time together.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

It doesn't last forever, so I'm taking it while I got it.
Paug FTMFW!

VA $l!m

Quote from: birdman on July 23, 2013, 05:30:22 PM
It doesn't last forever, so I'm taking it while I got it.

.....dats wat she said...

WhatstheUse?

Man I love that guy. He's completely off his rocker for calling "now" his favorite era.... But I still love him.

That interview basically confirmed everything we already know. Phish is not phish's priority anymore. It's a frustrating realization but I'm pretty okay with it. 
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 23, 2013, 06:55:42 PM
Man I love that guy. He's completely off his rocker for calling "now" his favorite era.... But I still love him.

That interview basically confirmed everything we already know. Phish is not phish's priority anymore. It's a frustrating realization but I'm pretty okay with it.

its still probably the most fun place to be in most towns on any given night.
thats enuf for me.

kellerb

Quote from: PG on July 23, 2013, 05:27:47 PM
I think he's talking about the studio work they are doing, not the playing live... He is saying that they're recording and writing music, but it may never be released as an album because it may all suck... but at least they're enjoying the time together.

I take a very small piece of hope in that they did a week or two of recording and haven't released it as the new album.  He actually said that they weren't done, and they were gonna work on it more.  That's more album/song prep they've done than anything in 3.0.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VA $l!m on July 23, 2013, 09:53:44 PM
its still probably the most fun place to be in most towns on any given night.

Sig'd
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.