News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

ramping up for release...

Started by tet, January 21, 2007, 10:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

my thoughts are to immediately open up this thread to the forum public, i think it'll draw in more interest from everyone here.  i'll have some more time soon to do stuff i think in these coming weeks.  i'd also like all of us to start using the logo as our avatars, that'll get people to notice.  we don't have a LOT of traffic on the forums, but it's enough exposure to start getting the word out for now.  eventually we'll start putting links to it from elsewhere, but it's not quite time for that yet...

i still think the main thing we need done is a clear set of directions.  if you've ever read Wikipedia's "how to add an entry" guidelines and FAQs, it's quite thoroughly laid out how to enter data, proper formatting, general etiquette...  we need that BAD, because otherwise it'll end up trying to teach everyone individually.  let's try to do something with screenshots and lots of examples, especially the script Jeff made. 

we'll get there!!

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

I'm basically ready, but I too would like better instructions.  I put up some instructions for setlists that need an update.  I can do that at lunch tomorrow.  Then, for songs, maybe we should do that on an individual basis...  There's a fairly limited number of songs and we can get them done between the few of us that started them and maybe a couple others.  Updating any page is more self-explanatory than editing one. 

So, I'll try to capture some of that tomorrow.  I can get to wikipaug from work, but not week4paug.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

So yeah, a couple more weeks, unless you really want to open this thread up right now.  Can you wait till the end of the month?  Just to get some more instructions.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

For my wiki related posts, until I can get to week4paug from work, please visit the discussion tab of the main page of the wiki.

Thanks,

J

jephrey

Tet, I don't know if you've checked your week4paug webmail, but I've been writing you there because I can't access anything during the day except the wiki.  I did, however totally overhaul the instructions for setlists a second time, and also added instructions for songs.  Just gotta add venue instructions.  I also added some 1999 setlists and plan to add some 1997.  Maybe even do a couple tours from those years then move on to some 1996-1991 at the same time doing a few songs.

Anyone else who can help, I'd really appreciate it.  If you have the macro, songs would be awesome, if not, setlists.  Let's get this thing looking good.

J

tet

haven't checked it in weeks!   :-o

like i said, the email was just a novelty really, more of a "proof-of-concept" than anything i intended on using... 

i'll get around to looking at that later tonite maybe.  i should really consider at least forwarding that to my real account!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

Yeah, I figured, but I thought it would be neat to use for wiki discussion since I can't get to week4paug during work...

So what do you think?  Let me know when to use the wiki banner as my avatar, and I'll set-er up.

J