News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-10-31 - MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Disscussion

Started by mistercharlie, November 01, 2018, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA
Las Vegas, NV
SET I:

Buried Alive > Ghost* > Crazy Sometimes > Free, More, Halley's Comet > Ocelot > Theme From the Bottom, First Tube

SET II:
Turtle in the Clouds[1], Stray Dog[1], Everything is Hollow[1], We Are Come to Outlive Our Brains[1], Say it to Me S.A.N.T.O.S.[1], The Final Hurrah[1], Play by Play[1], Death Don't Hurt Very Long[1], Cool Amber and Mercury[1], Passing Through[1]

SET III:
Set Your Soul Free > Tweezer > A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > Backwards Down the Number Line > Meatstick, Bug > Run Like an Antelope

E: Loving Cup > Tweezer Reprise

* w/ Buried Alive teases
[1] Debut
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Soooo... That second set, huh? Man I love this band! Covering an album so obscure that it doesn't even really exist!  :phish:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Here's a picture of MGM Grand after Phish got done tonight!

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Thrillhouse

Phish is the coolest thing of all time ever for ever. FUCK YES!
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

cleech74

We all remember the spots in the bands history where they learn an album for Halloween, or the gigs playing small clubs in Europe, and then the after effects in progressing stylistically, and helps forge another layer of creativity to their music. Remain In Light is probably the best example of this, imo. I'd like to think that the same will happen with this choice they made for tonight's show. That said, I thought it was a great show, and those that were there in person got a gem of a performance. I listened to it via mxlr stream, and it was two different sources, bith seemed to sound like AUDs, and neither got shut down. Sound quality of source for set one wasn't bad, but the second source that I switched to before set 2 started sounded a lot better. I'm really interested in getting to watch the video from set 2, since they were all decked out in white, and Trey was playing an all white, Strat style guitar. Anyone know if it's one of Paul's, a Fender Strat, or some other guitar company? Also, Tweezer was filthy, per usual. I love where they are, especially how far they've come since the Coventry disaster shows.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

blatboom

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

mopper_smurf

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 01, 2018, 06:46:07 AM
So good. So f'n good.

Danceable :phish:

Those Cactus/Big Red moves during Turtle in the Clouds were well ... something.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

This is a real album.  There was only one copy in Portland.  Hicks had it on tape when he was 12.  He used to play it on a boom box in his neighbors basement.

Caravan2001

Quote from: cleech74 on November 01, 2018, 05:10:41 AM
We all remember the spots in the bands history where they learn an album for Halloween, or the gigs playing small clubs in Europe, and then the after effects in progressing stylistically, and helps forge another layer of creativity to their music. Remain In Light is probably the best example of this, imo. I'd like to think that the same will happen with this choice they made for tonight's show. That said, I thought it was a great show, and those that were there in person got a gem of a performance. I listened to it via mxlr stream, and it was two different sources, bith seemed to sound like AUDs, and neither got shut down. Sound quality of source for set one wasn't bad, but the second source that I switched to before set 2 started sounded a lot better. I'm really interested in getting to watch the video from set 2, since they were all decked out in white, and Trey was playing an all white, Strat style guitar. Anyone know if it's one of Paul's, a Fender Strat, or some other guitar company? Also, Tweezer was filthy, per usual. I love where they are, especially how far they've come since the Coventry disaster shows.

I wasn't too close but pretty certain it was a Fender.

zimbra

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 01, 2018, 07:26:10 AM
This is a real album.  There was only one copy in Portland.  Hicks had it on tape when he was 12.  He used to play it on a boom box in his neighbors basement.

lol
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: zimbra on November 01, 2018, 07:31:02 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 01, 2018, 07:26:10 AM

lol
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio