News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-10-31 - MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Disscussion

Started by mistercharlie, November 01, 2018, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

That was the phishiest thing I've seen them do. Probably more so than chilling thrilling. The choreographed dances and jams were on point. They all played their parts and executed. Psyched for next three nights !!

Bobafett

I caught from the final hurrah>end of set and it was fantastic and weirder than I was expecting. 

Midway thru set 3, tornados came through at my moms house and we lost power and internet.  Lots of trees down and our farm truck got smashed like a tin can.   I'm about to put on the headphones and listen to this shit loud as fuck as I clean up.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Hicks

Quote from: Bobafett on November 01, 2018, 01:15:51 PM
I caught from the final hurrah>end of set and it was fantastic and weirder than I was expecting. 

Midway thru set 3, tornados came through at my moms house and we lost power and internet.  Lots of trees down and our farm truck got smashed like a tin can.   I'm about to put on the headphones and listen to this shit loud as fuck as I clean up.

Dang, that's some Halloween craziness, glad to hear nobody got hurt! We had a tornado near my house last week which is really weird for Oregon. It was a little one, but still scary to see all the dirt and leaves suddenly flying in the air. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Must be said, first set was great, too.
After a re-listen, 2nd holds up and is one of the best Halloween costume sets yet.
3rd set doesn't blow the doors off but it's solid. Tweezer is cool and ASIHTOS is really nice.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 01, 2018, 02:14:09 PM
Must be said, first set was great, too.

Yeah, among the craziness of set 2 I almost forgot about the first. That First Tube was blazing.

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on November 01, 2018, 12:15:37 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on November 01, 2018, 12:05:10 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 01, 2018, 12:00:27 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on November 01, 2018, 11:46:38 AM
Quote from: Bobafett on November 01, 2018, 11:01:52 AM
They made it up.  Killer dark robotic weirdness
fo real?  :mrgreen:

It's on par with the greatness that was Thrilling, Chilling Sounds!
i wonder how long its gonna take for me to knwo if ya'll are pulling my leg or not on this one, lol.
Regardless, my interest is peaked now. Hope i can find a way to get this show. Gonna check out the free set opener on youtube ASAP.

I dunno if I would call it dark exactly.

It was like some weirdo blend of new wave and krautrock, designed to sound like some lost album from the early 80s written by somebody with only a tenuous grasp of the English language. 

A mindfuck for sure. 

That's pretty sweet that he was playing an Ed O'Brien strat! I feel like he met Trey at some point and they sort of hit it off?

That's a fantastic description of the album. 

I have to listen again, clear-headed and outside of the spell of "the moment," but my initial feeling was that it's for sure a top tier Halloween set.  Ditto on the first set love and the Tweezer.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

WhatstheUse?

Truly one of the coolest things they've ever pulled off, IMO. The concept, the execution, the music, the lyrics. It all hit real hard with me.  These guys seem to have an endless supply of genius ideas.

This is what space smells like. Death don't hurt very long. We will out live our brains. I hope someone notices. SO many f'n fantastic one liners in there.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 01, 2018, 03:06:29 PM
Truly one of the coolest things they've ever pulled off, IMO. The concept, the execution, the music, the lyrics. It all hit real hard with me.  These guys seem to have an endless supply of genius ideas.

This is what space smells like. Death don't hurt very long. We will out live our brains. I hope someone notices. SO many f'n fantastic one liners in there.

Faceplant into rock!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

My biggest question is... What does the acronym S.A.N.T.O.S. stand for?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

runawayjimbo

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 01, 2018, 03:06:29 PM

It's actually "We are come to outlive out brains." You know, rough translation. Just incredible.

WAY O WAY O

mbw

cactusfan

This was stunning top to bottom. The energy and intensity of the band was like nothing I saw all summer. From the first song, everything just seemed to have a little extra mustard on it. And the costume was bananas. Can't wait to hear what they do with some of these songs in the future. If not better than Thrilling Chilling, in the same ballpark. Can't wait for tonight, though it is possible Vegas will kill me before Saturday.

mistercharlie

rowjimmy