News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NHL 2013

Started by khalpin, January 06, 2013, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

Quote from: birdman on May 13, 2013, 10:11:16 PM
My heart cant take that much excitement.
Fucking unbelievable.

I went to the scotch early. Unreal game.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

DoW

I turned it off at 4-1.  seems like the bruins just won the stanley cup around these parts.  I went to go make plans for the parade but realized the 2nd round hasn;t started yet.
hockey playoffs take too long for my attention span.  wake me up in July for game 1 of the Stanley Cup.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

Bruins should have had a Delay of Game penalty when the fans were throwing shit on the ice at 50 seconds to go.

Bruins should have had another Delay of Game penalty when Marchand threw a water bottle on the ice at the opening draw of overtime.

Those are not "judgement call" penalties, they are clearly defined rules that the refs ignored.

I am simply devastated, but kind of used to losing as a Leafs fan for the past decade.

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on May 14, 2013, 07:12:53 AM
Quote from: DoW on May 14, 2013, 07:10:15 AM

hockey playoffs take too long

Except for the Caps.

C!
A!
P!
S!
Choke!
Choke!
Choke!

:shakehead:

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on May 14, 2013, 07:35:46 AM

Bruins should have had a Delay of Game penalty when the fans were throwing shit on the ice at 50 seconds to go.

Bruins should have had another Delay of Game penalty when Marchand threw a water bottle on the ice at the opening draw of overtime.

Those are not "judgement call" penalties, they are clearly defined rules that the refs ignored.

I am simply devastated, but kind of used to losing as a Leafs fan for the past decade.

One of the most incosistently reffed games I've ever seen in the playoffs.
Don't these playoff refs make serious bank, not to mention there are 4 officials on the ice, how do you miss this shit?
May not have changed the outcome but it's kind of embarrassing for the league imo.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 14, 2013, 08:03:09 AM
Quote from: slslbs on May 14, 2013, 07:12:53 AM
Quote from: DoW on May 14, 2013, 07:10:15 AM

hockey playoffs take too long

Except for the Caps.

C!
A!
P!
S!
Choke!
Choke!
Choke!

:shakehead:

:frustrated:

The caps mediocre team will be exposed next year when the divisions are realigned.  We've had a false sense of talent for the last half-decade due to the poor competition in the worst division in hockey.  They won't have that luxury next year.  People are calling for McPhee's head today on the talk radio......
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on May 14, 2013, 11:15:22 AM

Don't these playoff refs make serious bank, not to mention there are 4 officials on the ice, how do you miss this shit?
May not have changed the outcome but it's kind of embarrassing for the league imo.

Fuck, this is such a penalty.

sls.stormyrider

no argument - should have been 2 min for that
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on May 14, 2013, 11:15:22 AM

As a Bruins fan, I can agree that the reffing sucked last night.  Regardless, you're not going to get those calls at that point in the game.  And a Toronto fan whining about the reffing last night is pretty hilarious.  The Leafs were the beneficiaries of some terrible calls that led to some key goals throughout the series.  Exhibit A as to why karma will not get those delay calls for you:

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

mattstick

Chara's stick comes up and knocks Lupul's stick up around his head!

The puck is up ice, what is Chara doing knocking his stick around?  Comparing that to stopping play by throwing a water bottle on the ice is a very big stretch.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on May 14, 2013, 11:48:44 AM
And a Toronto fan whining about the reffing last night is pretty hilarious. 

Just to set the record straight, I am an Oilers fan, not a Leafs fan.  I usually cheer for the Canadian team in these playoff situations as we only have a handful of teams in there.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Quote from: mattstick on May 14, 2013, 11:58:26 AM
Chara's stick comes up and knocks Lupul's stick up around his head!

The puck is up ice, what is Chara doing knocking his stick around?  Comparing that to stopping play by throwing a water bottle on the ice is a very big stretch.

He is stick checking him.  And then Lupul hits himself in the head with his own stick and falls like he was just shot.  That is an unsportsmanlike on Lupul (or a simple no call), not a high stick on Chara.

birdman

You can't complain about non calls in playoff hockey, as there are hundreds during each game. Bad calls on the other hand deserve plenty of scrutiny.
Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

Fuck Marchand and fuck the Bruins. Go Rangers.