News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NHL 2013

Started by khalpin, January 06, 2013, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Great game!  And the overhead camera is fucking awesome.  They should just do it for the whole game.

Lifeboy

Quote from: khalpin on January 01, 2014, 04:00:57 PM
Great game!  And the overhead camera is fucking awesome.  They should just do it for the whole game.

That's exactly what I said. That camera is fucking legit.

My brother and I watched it together. As a Leafs fan, it was fun to watch the game with a diehard Wings fan. Been waiting for this game for almost two years.

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

VDB

So, how come it's not "Maple Leaves"?
Is this still Wombat?

Lifeboy

If you're actually curious, I believe Conn Smythe renamed them the Leafs to honor the 'Maple Leaf Regiment' in WWI. Not sure if he was a part of the regiment or not.

Being a proper noun, it would be Leafs, not leaves.

Something like that. I remember reading that somewhere several years ago.

mattstick?
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mattstick

I've heard the Conn Smythe story.

A single player is a Maple Leaf. Therefore the team is the Maple Leafs.

If a single player was a Maple Leave that would be weird.

mattstick

Buffalo Budd

That's pretty cool and that could be taken literally I'm sure.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Words cannot describe how much I hate Marty Brodeur.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Buffalo Budd

What a game happening right now in Pittsburgh.
Back and forth.

ETA. Pens took it.

Man I love hockey.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

they played a snippet of down w/ disease in one of the breaks at the united center for ducks/hawks tonight.  great game.  great win for the hawks.  :clap:

tet

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 07, 2014, 09:06:17 PM
Words cannot describe how much I hate Marty Brodeur.

cool story bro

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mattstick

khalpin

How about this Vancouver/Calgary madness.

Multibeast12

Quote from: khalpin on January 18, 2014, 11:23:18 PM
How about this Vancouver/Calgary madness.
:clap: Its times like that when i kinda miss torts a little bit. Going to the other locker room. I love the dude. But his coaching style did not fit NY anymore.

Also wow are them Rangers starting to look like a team. Is this even the same team that started the season. Also for you Ranger fans, remember when people were going on about how much of a bad idea signing Zuccs was. He's to small they said. He's not good on the North American ica they said. And WOW!! This guy is a beast. hits everything insight and scores big goals or sets them up. Also a competent power play is nice. And Looks like Nash is finally coming back around. and The King has lived up to that contract. Boy hes been lights out. and can not forget how good Cam Talbot has been. this team has done a complete 180.

anthrax