News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NHL 2013

Started by khalpin, January 06, 2013, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

Quote from: slslbs on May 29, 2014, 11:00:44 PM

I hope that LA and Chicago go 7

Me too.  Me too.

emay

you got your wish!
that was a great game. watched it over at my buddies house who is a huge blackhawks fan. tonights gonna be good!

khalpin

This game is nuts!

anthrax

i almost had to buy a new tv and a new window at the end of that one.  i cannot believe la beat them last night.  they were in control most of the evening.  fucking game 7's.

pcr3

Quote from: anthrax on June 02, 2014, 06:06:43 PM
i almost had to buy a new tv and a new window at the end of that one.  i cannot believe la beat them last night.  they were in control most of the evening.  fucking game 7's.

Felt the same way last year when the hawks stole game 6 from the bruins. Almost had a similar situation with the tv also.

The hawks-kings series was a gift from the hockey gods. So glad I stayed up to watch the games, though I may have picked up a drinking problem along the way.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on June 02, 2014, 11:14:24 PM
Quote from: anthrax on June 02, 2014, 06:06:43 PM

Felt the same way last year when the hawks stole game 6 from the bruins. Almost had a similar situation with the tv also.

The hawks-kings series was a gift from the hockey gods. So glad I stayed up to watch the games, though I may have picked up a drinking problem along the way.

NHL playoffs do this to me every year it seems
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

I get anxiety disorders...
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

anthrax

7 Stages of (Blackhawks) Grief

Shock – OMFG!

Denial – That didn't just fucking happen!

Anger – I hate the fucking Hawks!

Bargaining – Maybe I'll just become a Ranger's fan.

Guilt – Why did I waste so many fucking nice spring nights watching playoff hockey?

Depression – Fucking dicks...I'm pissed.

Acceptance and Hope – At least my life won't be consumed by a hockey schedule anymore.  Man, the Stanley Cup playoffs are fucking awesome!

sls.stormyrider

Just as the Rangers were starting to get momentum back, Girardi with that horrible give away in his own zone
:frustrated:

Oh well, we'll have to get them Saturday
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

anthrax

no lead is safe against la.  they just won't quit.

Multibeast12

Shitty turn over, but lets not forget about Stepans even worse turn over for the first goal. A lot of people ragging on Girardi for his, but i though Steps was worst, and gave LA a lot of life.

Either way, look at the positives. LA had all they could handle with our speed in the first. That's how we have to play. Fast. We stopped doing anything after the first.

sls.stormyrider

Agree
This series is a long way from being over

sls.stormyrider

Multibeast12

Glad to see reffs still have the overall say as to who wins a game.

sls.stormyrider

there was a thing about it on nhl.com. Lunquist said that the ref told him that the contact was after the puck was in the net, which clearly was not the case. Lundquist said he wasn't necessarily looking for a penalty, but King was clearly in the crease making contact before the shot.
The refs are very inconsistent with how that is called.

that said, the Rangers couldn't control a bouncing puck that led to Gaborik's goal, and they certainly had their chances to win.

time to regroup and kick some ass at MSG