News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

11/28 - Times Union Center - Albany, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, November 28, 2009, 11:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OctopusRider

Wow!  I should have known a lot would be said about 7 Below > Ghost.  I won't even touch it with words.  Unbelievable...is about all I can think of.

Sanity, put incredibly lame, was insane.   :roll:  Seriously though I knew Chris was going to have fun tonight when they started this.  I enjoyed the lights more at Albany II than ever before.  Usually they are almost noise to me but not here.

Stealing Time was ridiculously intense.  I don't think I'll ever hear this song in the same way again.

I'll skip over some of the obvious Trey flubs.  The 2nd set cancelled them all out for me.  Although most of which could not be heard (at least not by me) at the show.  Damn SBD's!  :frustrated:  Sometimes I wish I would just stick to the AUD's.

SOAM was very well played.  I don't think much has been said about it.  It is definitely worth another listen if you haven't really checked it out.

YEM was definitely the best I've seen but I haven't had too many of them I guess.  MSG III was probably better but I prefer this one.

Play_It_Leo

Wow. I started listening right after New Years to the past tour starting at Detroit and going through show by show. I haven't been able to stop re-listening to this show to make it through the end of the tour yet. Structured parts of songs were definitely off. When even I can notice how far off they are on Foam and Pen, I know it's bad. Trey at least caught up for the closing of Pen. This -7>Ghost may not be the farthest-reaching jam of PH, but it's by far the best of 2009 (that I've listened to up to this point). I distinctly heard 2001 and boaf teases. This 2nd set has to be the best of the year despite the problems of set I. Awesome.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

redrum

Those 2oo1 teases made the next version of it pop off like a mofo.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

justjezmund

Just sayin this ghost really isn't overrated.  3.0 moving start>dark awesome type II>birds jam.

Shits raw.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

macaronihead

Quote from: JustJezmund on January 21, 2011, 08:32:17 PM
Just sayin this ghost really isn't overrated.  3.0 moving start>dark awesome type II>birds jam.

Shits raw.

Indeed. Just listened to this show again a few days ago. that Ghost put me in a great place. Didn't lose interest at all. I wanted to see if it was as good as I remembered from the last time I listened (maybe a year ago) and it certainly didn't disappoint.

DoW

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

mistercharlie

Quote from: Undermind on June 19, 2012, 04:14:04 PM
Quote from: DoW on June 19, 2012, 03:50:06 PM
anyone else miss this show?
Now that's some serious bumpage and yes, yes I do.

I was just listening to this set II the other day, along with the 08-05-10 RnR.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

I had almost forgotten about this show. The -7 -> ghost > cool it down is a really great segment of a show. Some serious hoseage going on.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 08, 2016, 10:28:47 AM
I had almost forgotten about this show. The -7 -> ghost > cool it down is a really great segment of a show. Some serious hoseage going on.

I remember Gumbo losing his marbles over that piece of music.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 08, 2016, 10:52:28 AM

OMG... You GUYS!!!! PAY JORGAN!!!

zimbra

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 08, 2016, 11:21:40 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 08, 2016, 10:52:28 AM

OMG... You GUYS!!!! PAY JORGAN!!!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio