News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 4: The Empire Strikes Back vs. Goodfellas

Started by cactusfan, May 22, 2012, 04:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 22, 2012, 04:49:46 AM
This one is a thinker. Really tough call.

Same here.  I'm torn.

Should Vader take his light saber to Joe Pesci's hand?  Or, should Frank Vincent to tell Luke to go get his fucking shine box?  I can't decide just yet.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

cactusfan

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

cactusfan

i guess when it comes down to it, Empire is a more important movie in my life.

Raging Bull and Taxi Driver i'd pick over it without a thought. but somehow Goodfellas, great as it is, just seems a little more, i don't know...frivolous, somehow. which is probably the wrong word.

hell. guess i'd better go get my fuckin' shinebox.

sls.stormyrider

frivolous?
agree it's the wrong word

especially is that it's based on a true story. I was living in Brooklyn when some of those bodies were found in Howard Beach. I remember the Brinks job - they caught some of those guys, who wound up in the prison ward at the hospital I was at. Police presence went up about 10 times when they showed up. Took them back to Rikers in a 10 car convoy at midnight. seeing the movie was pretty cool - answered some questions.

without all that, it was a great movie.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

emay

One of the, if not the greatest, sci fi movie that changed movie production and model making got beat by a movie made about the biggest snitch on the east coast?!
Really!?