News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Right now I'm listening to...

Started by bacchist, September 03, 2006, 09:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

^^^ nice wax. 

RNILT:

:phish:
MTSU Murphy Center
Murfreesboro, Tn

*Brought To You By gotfob*

Source:
Akg 414 TL II's > Oade > Sbm-1 > D8 > M1 (master)

Transfer:
Fostex D5 > Sd 702 @ 48k > Wavelab 6.0 (resample) >
Cd Wave > TLH > 16/44 FLAC

Disc I/ Set I
d1t01. My Friend My Friend
d1t02. Ghost
d1t03. Driver
d1t04. Scent of a Mule
d1t05. Cavern
d1t06. Limb by Limb
d1t07. Roggae
d1t08. La Grange

Disc II/Set II
d2t01. Runaway Jim
d2t02. Stash
d2t03. Mike's Song >
d2t04. Simple
d2t05. Wading in a Velvet Sea
d2t06. Loving Cup >
d2t07. Weekapaug Groove

-Encore-
d2t08. Rockytop

Not a huge Velvet fan per se however the 3 minute ambient jam out of is great. 

mattstick

IW@TS

I remember hearing Trey's LxL solo from the bathroom.

susep

Quote from: mattstick on October 15, 2018, 08:03:35 PM
IW@TS

I remember hearing Trey's LxL solo from the bathroom.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

^ what an incredibly intimate experience that must've been.

... the real question here is... what the hell is Christian McBride doing playing with these shmucks?!?
Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 15, 2018, 10:29:40 PM

... the real question here is... what the hell is Christian McBride doing playing with these shmucks?!?

JHa mentioned somewhere in a post about how honored she was to have these three guys from different parts of her musical life all playing together with her one night...so my guess is her and mcbride were part of some musical project together at some point? But yeah, that was a thought that ran thru my mind too, like how'd this happen? Also, yeah, that venue was only 100 people.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 15, 2018, 10:29:40 PM

No offence to Trey and the others but McBride has more talent than the rest combined.
Acoustic dude had quite the little run on lead too, sort of put Trey to shame.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jam>

That other project was Jennifer Hartswick,Christian McBride and Keb' Mo':

I don't think 'acoustic dude' put Trey to shame. He played a lot of notes with lots of youthful energy, but Trey was able to do more with less. My opinion of course.

Buffalo Budd

Maybe I'm giving him additional props for pulling it off on an acoustic but I thought most of it was pretty well laid down. To each their own.
Don't get me wrong, 1993 Trey would slay this guy.

Buffalo Budd

susep

:syf:

November 28, 1980 – Lakeland Civic Center, Lakeland, Florida

Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Brent Mydland, Bob Weir
    Recorded by Dan Healy

Disc 1

First set:

"Jack Straw" (Weir, Hunter) – 6:04
    "Peggy-O" (traditional, arranged by Grateful Dead) – 6:47
    "Little Red Rooster" (Willie Dixon) – 9:35
    "Tennessee Jed" (Garcia, Hunter) – 8:59
    "Passenger" (Lesh, Peter Monk) – 5:00
    "Deep Elem Blues" (traditional, arranged by Grateful Dead) – 5:07
    "Looks Like Rain" (Weir, Barlow) – 8:03
    "Deal" (Garcia, Hunter) – 6:41

Disc 2

Second set:

"Feel Like a Stranger" (Weir, Barlow) – 8:39
    "To Lay Me Down" > (Garcia, Hunter) – 9:03
    "Let It Grow" > (Weir, Barlow) – 11:17
    "Terrapin Station" > (Garcia, Hunter) – 11:55
    "Drums" > (Hart, Kreutzmann) – 10:20

Disc 3

"Space" > (Garcia, Hart, Kreutzmann, Lesh, Mydland, Weir) – 5:44
    "Not Fade Away" > (Hardin, Petty) – 5:50
    "Black Peter" > (Garcia, Hunter) – 9:27
    "Sugar Magnolia" (Weir, Hunter) – 9:28

Encore:

"U.S. Blues" (Garcia, Hunter) – 5:21

Pretty sick Space, very trippy and experimental.

ytowndan

Found an old stack of CDs this morning, and I've been jamming out to this in the car! 

Giuseppe Augusto - They're Pumpin' the Fuckin' Mega Mix Vol. 1

:banana:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

gainesvillegreen

PHISH, FRIDAY 11/08/1996
ASSEMBLY HALL, UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS
Champaign, IL
SET 1: Runaway Jim, Axilla > All Things Reconsidered > Mound, Down with Disease > Prince Caspian, Reba, Golgi Apparatus, Run Like an Antelope
SET 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Maze, Bouncing Around the Room > Simple, Loving Cup, Mike's Song, The Star Spangled Banner, Weekapaug Groove
ENCORE: Theme From the Bottom

Trey had equipment problems in Simple, so Loving Cup ("I know I play a bad guitar") was played next. Simple included a Cecilia tease. ATR was played for the first time since July 1, 1995 (108 shows) and Axilla was played for the first time since October 16, 1994 (170 shows).

Love this show. Love the Reba.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Gumbo72203

PHISH, THURSDAY 09/09/1999
GM PLACE
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada   

SET 1: Mozambique[1], Axilla > Limb By Limb, Horn, Guyute, Chalk Dust Torture, Back at the Chicken Shack, Stash, I Didn't Know, Character Zero   

SET 2: Birds of a Feather, Ha Ha Ha > Ghost, The Inlaw Josie Wales[2], First Tube[1], Tweezer, Bug, You Enjoy Myself, Hello My Baby   

ENCORE: Sample in a Jar > Golgi Apparatus > Tweezer Reprise   
[1] Phish debut.
[2] Phish debut. Trey on acoustic guitar.
Mozambique, The Inlaw Josie Wales, and First Tube made their Phish debuts at this show, with The Inlaw Josie Wales featuring Trey on acoustic guitar.

This whole show is fantastic, and I'm just finishing up Set 1 before heading to band practice.  LOVE this Stash, and LOVE Mazambique.  Wish they'd bring that back but I think that opening riff has permanently been moved to SASS, so I think it's unlikely.  I know we all hate Zero but this one is pretty interesting; Trey does some nifty effects stuff and plays backwards guitar for a portion which is always welcome in my book.  Reminds me of the 8/1/99 Caspian that everyone loves a bit.

The 2nd set in this show is LONG... over 90 mins.  The Tweezer is fucking batty.  Totally under-appreciated IMO. 

Also, 90's Guyutes are fucking wild.  That song is still great but man, when they played it tight and with youthful energy like in this show.... it's an absolute monster. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mehead

11/28/97 - The Centrum - Worcester, MA

Set 1: The Curtain, You Enjoy Myself > I Didn't Know, Maze, Farmhouse, Black-Eyed Katy, Theme From the Bottom > Rocky Top

Set 2: Timber (Jerry), Limb By Limb, Slave to the Traffic Light > Ghost > Johnny B. Goode, E: My Soul
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged