News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

Yeah this is the first time they are completely off the rails from the books - nothing has really been written published much beyond how they ended last season. 

I do think the writing was a bit weak, but it's been like that all along with the Sand Snakes, so that's not a good judge of the situation anyway.  What a fucking waste of a plotline that was!! 

Excited to have [spoiler] Brienne/Pod/Sansa/Reek together[/spoiler] - and they are only people in Westeros to know that [spoiler]there are actually 4 Stark heirs alive![/spoiler]  Hoping they can put that together... 

Now, this was pointed out to me so I can't take much credit, but did you notice the [spoiler]slightly dragon-shaped blood stain under Jon Snuh's body?[/spoiler]  From what I'm led to believe, that is foreshadowing even more than the Dothraki "white pubic hair" comments... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VDB

Quote from: tet on April 25, 2016, 04:17:30 PM
Now, this was pointed out to me so I can't take much credit, but did you notice the [spoiler]slightly dragon-shaped blood stain under Jon Snuh's body?[/spoiler]  From what I'm led to believe, that is foreshadowing even more than the Dothraki "white pubic hair" comments...

It did look odd to me but couldn't ID why in the time given. I do feel like Lady Redhead's presence will end up being meaningful.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 25, 2016, 08:58:09 AM
Good start.
Looks like trouble...pretty much everywhere.

True.

Excited to have [spoiler] Brienne/Pod/Sansa/Reek together[/spoiler] - and they are only people in Westeros to know that [spoiler]there are actually 4 Stark heirs alive![/spoiler]  Hoping they can put that together... 

I was excited for that also.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 25, 2016, 07:22:14 PM

I was excited for that also.

Thirdsies

rowjimmy

So...

Brutal episode. Great stuff too.

GBL

Someone needs to kill Ramsey asap
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mbw

Quote from: GBL on May 02, 2016, 02:51:01 PM
Someone needs to kill Ramsey asap

he's my favorite.  [spoiler]i'm glad you all got your little dream boat back[/spoiler]

ytowndan

I guess I'll link this instead of embedding it.  But I'm pretty sure everyone in the world knows about this by now.  Even people who don't watch the show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWUegPhR7h8

Speaking of spoilers, when did we get that "spoiler" thingy?  Have we always had that and I just never noticed? 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

I really like that they seem to be drawing from parts of the books that haven't been shown or told on screen yet. Like Tyrions speech to the dragons was a story he told Shea in the books and the whole Baelon from the bridge thing. and finally bringing in Crows Eye and some other  Iron Islanders.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

I heard an interesting fan theory today about the origin of Hodor which was:
[spoiler]Hodor(Wylis) was a warg and as Max Von Sydow warned Bran, you shouldn't "warg" too much or it can end up harming you.  With Wylis being a stable boy it's likely that he would "warg" into a horse ( maybe named Hodor? Perhaps Lyanna's, as she was very kind to him?) and if he "warged" into the horse for too long, or if the horse was killed while he was warging, his brain might've been fried leaving him with a horse-like brain.  That might explain him being afraid of thunder, as horses are.  That might also explain why Bran can "warg" into Hodor if Hodor's brain is in a state like that of an animal.[\spoiler]

mistercharlie

Quote from: khalpin on May 04, 2016, 10:39:24 AM
[spoiler]Hodor(Wylis) was a warg and as Max Von Sydow warned Bran, you shouldn't "warg" too much or it can end up harming you.  With Wylis being a stable boy it's likely that he would "warg" into a horse ( maybe named Hodor? Perhaps Lyanna's, as she was very kind to him?) and if he "warged" into the horse for too long, or if the horse was killed while he was warging, his brain might've been fried leaving him with a horse-like brain.  That might explain him being afraid of thunder, as horses are.  That might also explain why Bran can "warg" into Hodor if Hodor's brain is in a state like that of an animal.[/spoiler]
I like that one, and it seems plausible.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 04, 2016, 12:33:49 PM
[spoiler]Hodor(Wylis) was a warg and as Max Von Sydow warned Bran, you shouldn't "warg" too much or it can end up harming you.  With Wylis being a stable boy it's likely that he would "warg" into a horse ( maybe named Hodor? Perhaps Lyanna's, as she was very kind to him?) and if he "warged" into the horse for too long, or if the horse was killed while he was warging, his brain might've been fried leaving him with a horse-like brain.  That might explain him being afraid of thunder, as horses are.  That might also explain why Bran can "warg" into Hodor if Hodor's brain is in a state like that of an animal.[/spoiler]

I lean the other way on that. I don't buy it.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 04, 2016, 02:35:41 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 04, 2016, 12:33:49 PM

I lean the other way on that. I don't buy it.

[spoiler]It kinda syncs up with the fact that Hodor is basically Bran's horse.[/spoiler]

GBL

I'm still waiting for Lady Stoneheart
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

Quote from: GBL on May 04, 2016, 02:57:22 PM
I'm still waiting for Lady Stoneheart

I thought for sure she'd be in this episode when they showed [spoiler]Catelyn[/spoiler] in the 'Previously on' before the episode started.