News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Year's 2014 Official

Started by Undermind, September 18, 2014, 02:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

so...yeah...tons of non nye tickets are still available now.  i guess everyone was just holding them and not buying.  i'm pulling pairs of non nye in behind the stage 100 levels with ease.  the next higher section (300s) is wide open.

as expected, nye was the only one that was tough.  glad to hear you are in matt.  and you're right.  there's tons of time to work on that upgrade.

mattstick

Getting an error on TM now...

QuoteForbidden

You don't have permission to access /event/0D004D31C78EBCCF on this server.

emay

I have seen some upper level NYE for face on cash or trade and this is the cheapest price I have seen for NYE on stubhub (80$) in a longgg time.

VDB

Ticketmaster's site is always lousy but I've never had it crap out on me as often as it did yesterday. Errors, tickets lost, etc. I too was surprised by the difficulty. Kept getting nothing for NYE and lower level behind the stage for the other nights. Had a crew of people coordinating via gchat. We finally pulled floors for night two, sec 324 near the front for night three, and upper behind the stage for NYE. Little nervous about that last one as I've never been stuck behind the stage before and I'm not sure Ill like it. I know other people dig that vantage point though. May also be a different story if you're in the nosebleeds.

Now about that PTO...
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Behind the stage is the shizznit!
Bring in the dude!

birdman

I've never been to AA arena. I've heard that other than the floor the only flat areas good for dancing are in the 400s. Is this accurate?
Paug FTMFW!

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mehead on October 05, 2014, 05:30:58 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 05, 2014, 03:11:24 PM

:mrgreen:

It's been the Paug section for the last couple New Years runs iirc.

I suppose the downside is you don't get the light show but otherwise, the sound is generally good, there's usually more space/less scramble for seats and you're closer to the band (albeit, their backside) than most spots in the arena.

I wouldn't want to sit behind the band at every show but I'd say it's one of the better spots to see a show in general.  If there is no "great seats" available (ie. front of floor or most 100 sections) I'd say the back of stage  is the place to go!
Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 05, 2014, 08:25:28 PM
Quote from: mehead on October 05, 2014, 05:30:58 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 05, 2014, 03:11:24 PM

:mrgreen:

It's been the Paug section for the last couple New Years runs iirc.

I suppose the downside is you don't get the light show but otherwise, the sound is generally good, there's usually more space/less scramble for seats and you're closer to the band (albeit, their backside) than most spots in the arena.

I wouldn't want to sit behind the band at every show but I'd say it's one of the better spots to see a show in general.  If there is no "great seats" available (ie. front of floor or most 100 sections) I'd say the back of stage  is the place to go!

So this past NYE we were on the floor for MSG, and aside from the truck set where Phish basically set up in my living room, I hated it. The light pollution from the stage was terrible, and we were in the back half of the arena. It wasn't even close to dim and definitely far from optimal for tripping. I could have read a book. You will not find me on the floor of an arena any time soon while Phish's current light rig is in play.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Superfreakie

There are 3,000 tickets on Stubhub for NYE night.....and the cheapest is at 97$. Including all fees, taxes.....

Holy fuck some people are going to take a bath. Well, this will make up for my 1,500$ loss on last year's Hampton 3 day pass fiasco (I swear I thought it said Atlantic City).
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Undermind

the encores of 1/1, 1/2, 1/3 spell MSG
and the set one opener, set 2 opener, encore from 1/3 spell MSG
phun phacts
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

emay

Quote from: Undermind on January 08, 2015, 04:17:26 PM
the encores of 1/1, 1/2, 1/3 spell MSG
and the set one opener, set 2 opener, encore from 1/3 spell MSG
phun phacts

hmmmm purposefully?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.