News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fare Thee Well Webcast Tech Questions

Started by anthrax, June 26, 2015, 09:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

i preordered the "all 5 nights of the dead" webcasts awhile ago at the discounted rate thinking it would be a normal webcast.  come to find out there are a few different webcast options out now...

http://www.dead50.net/watch-listen/

the option i have ordered is the mlb/nugs.net true "webcast" option.  now they are saying this webcast is for laptops and desktops only.

i want to get the shows on my chromebook, so i can hook up an hdmi cable to my big tv/sound system.  i emailed the dead50 support team.  they said the stream requires adobe flash, and this is why you can only view them with laptops and desktop computers. 

this kinda gets over my head, but aren't chromebooks equipped with flash?  anyone know of a video out there i could try to watch on my chromebook to test it?

obviously, the new youtube powered stream for connected devices seems like the new best option, but it's more expensive and i dread trying to get a refund on my mlb.com webcast if it will indeed work.

any help is greatly appreciated!

rowjimmy

Chromebooks support flash. so... I would think you'll be able to watch it.
If you can hook your TV up to your chromebook as a second monitor, I should think that would work as well.

Buffalo Budd

I'm gonna go the youtube route and just use my appletv to put it through the sound system.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 26, 2015, 01:07:19 PM
I'm gonna go the youtube route and just use my appletv to put it through the sound system.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

anthrax

Quote from: mehead on June 26, 2015, 02:56:38 PM

don't know if it matters to you, but youtube route only has SD

PIE-GUY

If you can watch flash though a browser on your chromebook you should be ok.

Keep in mind the other big difference between the mlb webcast and the YouTube webcast is that YouTube is live only. The mlb comes with 30 days of on demand repeat viewing. Worth it if you ask me.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Doing a big projection screen connected to a huge sound system thing for Santa Clara - pretty excited.

PIE-GUY

I will be watching Saturday night with a bunch of old deadheads at someone's house. When I say old, I mean I will actually be the youngest person in the room at my ripe 41.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: anthrax on June 26, 2015, 02:59:21 PM
Quote from: mehead on June 26, 2015, 02:56:38 PM

don't know if it matters to you, but youtube route only has SD

That kinda does matter to me, I was going for the easiness of this live feed.
May have to reevaluate.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Quote from: PGLHAH on June 26, 2015, 03:02:43 PM
If you can watch flash though a browser on your chromebook you should be ok.

Keep in mind the other big difference between the mlb webcast and the YouTube webcast is that YouTube is live only. The mlb comes with 30 days of on demand repeat viewing. Worth it if you ask me.

Good point about the 30 days of on demand. But I'm not worried about the Santa Clara shows. I'm thinking of going through Directv for the Chicago shows but I'm not sure if that comes with the 30 days of on demand. Kinda weird too that Directv isn't doing the 7/3 show, just the 4th and 5th.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged