News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd 4 - 5 - Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited v 2 - Michael Jackson - Thriller

Started by UncleEbinezer, April 01, 2012, 12:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Rd 4 - 5 - Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited v 2 - Michael Jackson - Thriller
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

gah

I'm not sure if that was supposed to scare me or amuse me into voting one way or the other? bwwwaaaahhhaaaaahahahahaha

cough, cough

wwaaaaahhhhhaaaaahahahahaaaahaaa

bwwwwaaaaahhaaaaa

bwwaaa haaaa

cough

bwaaaa
haaaaa

haaaaaaa

ha

bwaaa
ha

ha

cough.

Thriller.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Thriller.

My new prediction for the final round is DSOTM vs. Thriller.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

VDB

We always made my dad put Thriller in the ol' cassette deck whenever we rode in his car. He probably got sick of it, but we loved it.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

This feels like 2004 when I can't imagine anyone voting for Bush yet there he is winning...
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

The first recording of sound my parents have of me as a kid is yelling at my sister for singing the lyrics to beat it wrong..."no, no, you have to sing it like this..."...also, a few months ago, cleaning out my parents garage, I found the vinyl stored away collecting dust. Had to steal it....yeah, thriller.

Come on man, when this drops, you can't tell me you're sitting still.

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 02, 2012, 12:07:58 PM
This feels like 2004 when I can't imagine anyone voting for Bush yet there he is winning...
Perfect analogy.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 02, 2012, 01:25:35 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 02, 2012, 12:07:58 PM
Perfect analogy.

Cmon now, MJ never dropped bombs on innocent children.

Ok bad metaphor. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Igbo

i love Highway 61 and lsiten to it quite often, but i dont think it's Dylan's best, and unfortunately gets beat every day by this.......

i remember seeing this video for the first time. Staying up late on Fridays to watch Friday Night Videos. (a pre-MTV video show)

Once Billie Jean starts with the opening break, EVERYONE knows what it is because it is so CLASSIC and so GOOD! The little string hits are subtle yet so tremendous.

Buffalo Budd

I am not trying to deny that Thriller is an iconic album and worthy of praise and I also agree that Highway 61 is not Dylan's best work (I reserve that title for BOTT).  I just can't give a vote to an album that, while very groundbreaking, held no significance to me and rarely, if ever, gets any playback in my house.