News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Donations

Started by tet, February 10, 2006, 08:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

This email confirms that you have paid tethead@mac.com

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Ok, consider me a dinosaur, but I have never used pay pal for anything.   :-o  Is it safe?  I would guess yes, since I see others have donated.  Do you have to use a credit card?  Sorry, I am a bit behind the times when it comes to this stuff.  I love this place, It has truly opened my eyes to things I never would have known.  The knowledge on this board never ceases to amaze me and far surpasses my own.  Whenever I have a question about something, the answers are prompt and (mostly :wink:) very helpful.  I want to help however I can. :-D 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

CRAZYED

Paypal is simple.  Totally safe, just watchout for bogus emails about needing to update your shit / changes with your account need to be made etc.  Paypal will NEVER email asking you for your account information.  If something changes with your account, go to www.paypal.com, login with your normal info and they will prompt you with whatever is going on.

I dont think you NEED a cc to signup (but you may), whenever I send money it goes directly from my bank account, but then again I signed up a long time ago, iirc you can use a cc too if you choose.  There are different payment options, when you send money u just pick where you want the funds to come from weather it be paypal account balance, checking account, credit card......whatever.

antelope19

Thanks, I'll give it a go at some point today!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

tet

the only thing not safe about Paypal is how easy it makes it to spend lots and lots of money on eBay :-D

follow the advise above and only deal with account information once logged into www.paypal.com yourself (NEVER through email!!) and you should be just fine...  i've been a member there for nearly 6 years now and have never had a single problem with the site.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

Quote from: slslbs on February 10, 2006, 11:19:29 PM
Got a postal if we choose another method beside paypal?
received, thank you!
-Phish

VA $l!m

money order is in the mail.
-sorry for the delay. :-D
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

Quote from: VA slim on February 21, 2006, 05:50:27 AM
money order is in the mail.
-sorry for the delay. :-D
rec'd, thank you....
-Phish

tet

Just wanted to thank everyone who has donated thusfar, you have fully paid for a month of week4paug.net's server costs already! 

If anyone else would like to send in money via Paypal or directly to me as cash or money order, it would be much appreciated - we've still got to pay for this server on a monthly basis, so anything you can spare would be put to good use for this community. 

Again, thanks a lot - we didn't expect to pay for an entire month on donations alone in such little time!!  You guys rock!!
-Phish

jedifunk

just curious as its been some time since i priced things out... but it seems like its a bit of an expensive server you guys are renting... $90/month?  perhaps i'm wrong...  in any case thanks for all that you guys do
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

with 180 GB of storage and 1 TB of bandwidth per month, we'd be grateful if you could find us a cheaper alternative.  this is the best deal we've found for that amount of bandwidth...  plus, we need it to be a Debian system.
-Phish

jedifunk

gotcha... didnt know your specs...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

Quote from: jedifunk on March 05, 2006, 04:46:53 AM
gotcha... didnt know your specs...
yeah, they're unfortunately quite an expensive set of specs.  nonetheless, we have been happy to pay for this because this server and these boards stand for what we believe in, which is keeping the music spreading to y'all.   :mrgreen:

we also never expected to have received as much support as we have in the last year+ of operation, in your words of gratitude, your dank uploads, your pithy insights, and especially your overly magnanimous donations.  everybody here is so generous with all of those that we feel obliged to provide you with this awesome service  :-D
-Phish

whatapiper

sorry, i havnt been on general topic in a long time so i missed all of this, i will get my dontation out asap. thanks for all the hard work, time, and $$ spent, we are all forever grateful. :-D
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

tet

thanks man, no rush...   :mrgreen:
-Phish