News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Did I do this properly?

Started by drvinestein, December 03, 2006, 10:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drvinestein

I just added 06-16-1997 to the setlist collection.  Could somebody please have a look and let me know if I did this properly?

Also, how can I add the segues (> and ->) into the setlist?  It doesn't show up properly when I type [[The Squirming Coil ->]], but commas seem to work fine.

This wiki language stuff is kind of confusing, so I just copied a setlist that already existed and edited it to work.

So, is everything OK with this one and can I do more?  My source of information was The Phish Companion Vol. 2 although I did not copy the notes word for word...

-Don-

jephrey

Nice...

Some things you wouldn't have known.  Typically, the notes for the show should try to follow the flow of the setlist.  Notable gaps (over 100 shows) and Concert debuts are at the bottom.  The reasoning is that if there are more than 1 debut, we want them all in a single note.  We chose at the bottom.  I changed your notes to.

*[[Cities]] jam in [[Reba]].
*Concert debut:  [[I Don't Care]].

Ya know though, maybe it makes sense for the jam/tease notes to first name the containing song and then more of a list like.

*[[Reba]] contained a [[Cities]] jam.
or (to show how it'd work with a song with many things in it)
*[[Reba]] intro contained a [[Makisupa Policeman]] tease; Reba contained a [[Cities]], [[Ghost]], and [[I am the Walrus]] jam; [[Reba]] outro followed by a slow [[My Soul]] jam.

Then you can look down the notes and see which song the note pertains to right away and you'd see the notable gaps and debuts right away because the first word would be black.

2.  You'll notice that all , > and -> are black and are not part of the wiki link. They look like [[The Squirming Coil]], [[The Squirming Coil]] -> [[The Squirming Coil]] >.  The link doesn't look right because you're using the ">" character which can't be part of a wiki page name.  So they go on the outside of the brackets.

3.  So, I'll let you go in and append your commas and intos and then you should fill out the setlist page also.  It has the same setlist but just the setlist...  You have to make the entry on the 1997 page like the entries on the 2000 page. 

And the only song...  Chalk Dust. - Chalkdust.  I still don't know right or wrong, but I think that on the live phish stuff and the album I think it's called Chalk Dust.  I don't even know, except for a reliable source told be Chalkdust.  Should it be Chalk Dust?  We've entered a bunch but nothing that can't be handled with a find and replace really easily.

I'll make a poll.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

drvinestein

Thanks... I'll get to all this tomorrow.

Personally, I like Chalkdust, but TPC says Chalk Dust, so that's what I went with.

-D-

noraa

I've always been a "Chalk Dust" and I have analog j-cards to prove it  :-)

anyone who sweats like that must be alright

drvinestein

jephrey

Here's your code

'''Set 1:'''

01. [[Wilson]] >

02. [[Sand]] ->

03. [[Shafty]] ->

04. [[NICU]]

05. [[Weigh]]

06. [[Cities]]

07. [[Strange Design]] >

08. [[Scent of a Mule]] >

09. [[Bathtub Gin]] ->

10. [[2001]]

'''Set 2:'''

01. [[Tube]] ->

02. [[L.A. Woman]] ->

03. [[Birds of a Feather]] >

04. [[L.A. Woman]] ->

05. [[Makisupa Policeman]] ->

06. P. Funk Medley [[Jam]] ->

07. [[Makisupa Policeman]]

08. [[Down with Disease]]

'''Encore:'''

01. [[Contact]]

02. [[While My Guitar Gently Weeps]]
----
====Notes:====
* [[Wilson]] and [[Tube]] were unfinished
* [[Shafty]] last played [[July 07, 2000]], [[Sand]] last played [[October 06, 2000]], [[Weigh]] last played [[August 02, 1998]]
* [[Cities]] included [[Sand]] teases
* [[Bathtub Gin]] included [[Show Biz Kids]] and [[After Midnight]] teases
* [[2001]] included [[Bathtub Gin]], [[Sand]] and "P-Funk (Wants to Get Funked Up)" teases
* [[L.A. Woman]] debuted at this show
* [[Birds of a Feather]] included [[L.A. Woman]] teases
* During [[Makisupa Policeman]], [[Trey]] brought out [[George Clinton]] and Parlaiment Funkadelic for a [[Jam]].  At the end, [[Jon]] is alone on stage playing the vacuum.  [[Phish]] returned to finish [[Makisupa Policeman]] and [[Jon]] closed it with an a-capella tease of [[Touch Me]]
* [[Contact]] included lyrics like "L.A. Woman" and "Make my funk the P.Funk" from [[Trey]]

I'd only change a few things...

1.  Although we can debate

06. P. Funk Medley [[Jam]] ->

I think it should just be [[Jam]] and the notes should say it's a P. Funk Medley.  However, if everyone else likes it this way, we can change the others we've already done that are similar.

* [[Shafty]] last played [[July 07, 2000]], [[Sand]] last played [[October 06, 2000]], [[Weigh]] last played [[August 02, 1998]]

IMO should be one note for each in this format, and only if the gap is 100 shows or more.  I doubt Shafty and sand Make that mark.

*Last [[Weigh]], [[August 02, 1998]] (XX shows).

3. * [[L.A. Woman]] debuted at this show

Typically concert debuts go at the end of the notes and are formatted different

*Concert debut:  [[L.A. Woman]].

Finally, use Fish or Fishman instead of Jon.

Otherwise it looks great.  I reformatted it a bit but I'll let you know what I've been doing.  I haven't been putting blank lines in the code, and I haven't been leaving a space between *Whatever in the notes section.

Nitpicky crap.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

drvinestein

OK, i did all those changes.  I will continue to mimic this for my other entries.