News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Question (answered - thanks!)

Started by drvinestein, July 30, 2007, 10:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drvinestein

Back in December when I had a bit more wind in my sails, I was entering a lot of songs into the wiki.  I was kind of thinking about doing more today, but I had a question.

When I did the songs, there was the stats portion at the bottom that listed all the times it was played, the before & after songs and the gaps in between.  It got me wondering about newer setlists from shows that weren't documented when the Comapnion Vol 2 came out.  That was basically what I was working out of for the stats on the bottom.

But say I entered a song and did all the stats from the info that I have, and now with new setlists being unearthed (or in the process of...), I might run into the problem of entering wrong information, screwing up the gap #'s, times played etc.

Do you think that I should work more mainly on entering setlists for now until that is finished so that all known setlists and song pages will jive when the stats are made?  Or, should I just enter songs and skip the stats?

So, is there an area that really needs more work than another or any special assignments that need doing?

I need to take a break from etree and the other forums and start typing code!

tet

http://www.ihoz.com/every.html

that includes post-hiatus.  you might want to double-check some, as i've noticed a handful of discrepancies between that and the Almanac, but it's pretty accurate i think, and fully up to date.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

I'm fairly (absolutely) certain that it was David Steinberg's stats used in the Companion...

drvinestein

Perfect, tet!

Thanks for the tip!

drvinestein

drvinestein

Here's an example to clarify my first post

Dave's (ZZYZX) stats make no mention of 08-04-1988 Alumni Blues, but it was on the Colorado '88 release on LivePhish.com

It goes Alumni Blues > A Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues

Now I caught that one, but there's probably more that we're not.  I'm going to go ahead and ammend this once I find out:

I should list this as being played twice on that date?  And should I count this as one or two when I add it to the "Times Played" portion?

Thanks!

jephrey

check out some others...  If the song was broken up by another song or more (like Tweezer often is), it counts as one...  Basically, the song has to be played twice to count as 2.  Mostly use your best judgement.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

drvinestein

Quote from: jephrey on August 03, 2007, 10:58:41 PM
check out some others...  If the song was broken up by another song or more (like Tweezer often is), it counts as one...  Basically, the song has to be played twice to count as 2.  Mostly use your best judgement.

J

Sure we're not going to run into problems in the future with the stats?  I kinda think you will have problems once every setlist that we know of has been entered.  Almost like that would be the last big job to complete the wiki (so to speak) - making sure all the stats are correct.  So far nowhere is 100% yet, IMO.