News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on April 29, 2016, 01:50:11 PM

Had that one back in the cassette days, it's kept me company on a lot of long drives...
So far it's really good.  They go pretty deep, pretty quickly on the Playin opener.  Good looking out.

susep

thoughts on the recent Dave's Pick?

I like the bonus disc more, however I'm a big Playing fan, the set has a warmer feel to me.  The Spanish Jam is nicely played and although I'm not a big Jerry slide guitar fan, Cosmic Charlie is nice also.  The Wheel is one of my favorite tunes, nice version here. 
I was pretty stoked to hear the second set from 07/17/76 after reading various comments, however the playing didn't grab me as much as the bonus disc.  Also I wish Billy was mixed higher, his mix is faint compared to Mickey.  .02  cents

Caravan2001

Plan on listening to it tomorrow during my workout.  Going to spin the bonus disc now I think.  Or maybe first set of the actual show.

Caravan2001

Most of the way through the bonus disc.  Sounds good, playing is great but I think both the drummers are pretty low in the mix, at least on my near fields.  Jerry is nice and up front though.  So is Keith.  Phil, Bobby and drummers seem least represented.  Vocals are great.  Spanish jam is sick.

susep

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 05, 2016, 07:21:08 PM
Most of the way through the bonus disc.  Sounds good, playing is great but I think both the drummers are pretty low in the mix, at least on my near fields.  Jerry is nice and up front though.  So is Keith.  Phil, Bobby and drummers seem least represented.  Vocals are great.  Spanish jam is sick.

agreed, sweet version.

I re-listened to the second set from 07/17/76, the jazzy jam out of Comes A Time is pretty nice.  I really enjoyed it the 2nd time around. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: susep on May 05, 2016, 07:48:08 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 05, 2016, 07:21:08 PM

agreed, sweet version.

I re-listened to the second set from 07/17/76, the jazzy jam out of Comes A Time is pretty nice.  I really enjoyed it the 2nd time around.

Saving that sequence for the morning....

nab

I keep returning to the jam out of Comes a Time and staying for the rest of the second set.  Dave advertises this set as a recurring Other One, but I'd call it more of a jam on a Jazzy Eyes theme with Other One accents. 

Caravan2001

This '84 AUD is very worthy.  I don't think I have heard it before.  They played it on the GD channel last week and I have been rocking it since....

https://archive.org/details/gd1984-10-09.nak700.rolfe.miller.94345.flac24

rowjimmy

1978-07-08 is getting a stand-alone cd release.
My money is on a Black Friday LP release too.

mattstick

PIE-GUY

That makes me want to buy it... damnit!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

Not one I am rushing out to grab....

barnesy305

jam>

Quote from: barnesy305 on May 19, 2016, 09:29:22 AM
So this brightened my day. Bradford schooling a bunch of music critics

http://www.jambase.com/article/branford-marsalis-talks-grateful-dead-jerry-garcia-1996-interview

Thanks for the heads up. Not a wasted 10 minutes in the least. I'm downloading the pre-fm sbd of Branford and the X-Men from 12/31/90 now. Didn't know this existed.

barnesy305

Quote from: jam> on May 19, 2016, 09:51:33 AM
Quote from: barnesy305 on May 19, 2016, 09:29:22 AM
So this brightened my day. Bradford schooling a bunch of music critics

http://www.jambase.com/article/branford-marsalis-talks-grateful-dead-jerry-garcia-1996-interview

Thanks for the heads up. Not a wasted 10 minutes in the least. I'm downloading the pre-fm sbd of Branford and the X-Men from 12/31/90 now. Didn't know this existed.

Oh shit, is that on etree?