News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Thread

Started by mistercharlie, April 07, 2018, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

I'm not sure why we don't have a thread for these guys yet. I know a bunch of us like them, so I created a thread to share what I discovered this morning.
There is a website that has been streaming Nonagon Infinity on an endless loop since it's release. I can't believe it took me this long to hear about it, but I will surely be using it at work quite a bit. It's http://nonagoninfinity.com/

It's an amazing idea! Nonagon is the one album that I prefer to listen to digitally rather than on vinyl because the flips ruin the endlessness.

Speaking of vinyl... My ATO 'Gumbo Stew' Gumboot Soup came yesterday (a few days late), and I noticed that the catalog number is ATO0420.  :smoke:

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Sketches of Brunswick East remains my most played album in '18.

mistercharlie

Quote from: susep on April 07, 2018, 11:13:42 AM
Sketches of Brunswick East remains my most played album in '18.

It definitely has a nice mellow sound that I can't get enough of. I even have my boss listening to it now after he heard half of the album while in my office one day.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

They'll be back this summer.  Kind of want to go, but last time I saw them at the same venue it was kind of a bummer.  Hicks and I were spoiled by the first venue we saw them at.  Still have not played the ;last two releases but I'm looking forward to cracking them open.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 29, 2018, 08:40:01 PM
They'll be back this summer.  Kind of want to go, but last time I saw them at the same venue it was kind of a bummer.  Hicks and I were spoiled by the first venue we saw them at.  Still have not played the ;last two releases but I'm looking forward to cracking them open.

:-o

You've still not even heard Polygondwanaland?!?!? That album is a modern-day prog masterpiece! Gumboot's pretty damned good too, but Poly is the shit!

mistercharlie

For those of you that may be interested... the first 5 KG&TLW albums are being reissued!

Here's the email I got:

QuoteFlightless Records and King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard are extremely excited to announce the re-issue of the first 5 titles from King Gizzard's incredible back catalogue. Willoughby's Beach, 12 Bar Bruise, Eyes Like The Sky, Float Along - Fill Your Lungs & Oddments will all be reissued on 12" vinyl for the first time with re-imagined artwork, packaging, liner notes and wax colours.
A limited edition pre-order (listed below) will be available from
14th September 2018 at 9am AEST.
There will also be standard editions in stores worldwide from
November 2nd, 2018 🌏

Pre-order goes live Friday 14th September, 2018 @ 9am AEST.
www.flightlessrecords.com

FLT-001R: 12 Bar Bruise
'Muckraker Edition' limited to 5000 copies worldwide.
FLT-005R: Eyes Like The Sky   
'Gun Smoke Edition' limited to 5000 copies worldwide.
FLT-006R: Float Along - Fill Your Lungs
'Kale & Banana Smoothie Edition' limited to 5000 copies worldwide.
FLT-009R: Oddments
'Hot Wax Edition' limited to 5000 copies worldwide.
FLT-040: Willoughby's Beach EP
'Ocean Death 12" Edition' limited to 5000 copies worldwide.

I love both Oddments and FAFYL! I think I can wait on the standard copies of the other albums though.

susep

mistercharlie

mistercharlie

The reissues will go on sale at 7pm EST Tueday night now. Ikki, set an alarm to remind yourself!

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 16, 2018, 07:28:23 AM
The reissues will go on sale at 7pm EST Tueday night now. Ikki, set an alarm to remind yourself!

Sweet, hopefully this time goes smoothly. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on September 16, 2018, 08:27:29 PM

Pre-order starts in 39 minutes, Jason!

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 18, 2018, 06:21:37 PM

Assuming attack formation, may the force be with you!
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Quote from: Hicks on September 18, 2018, 06:50:29 PM

That was easy, grabbed Float Along and Oddments.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on September 18, 2018, 07:04:39 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 18, 2018, 06:50:29 PM

That was easy, grabbed Float Along and Oddments.

Same two I grabbed!

I'll get the others on ATO when they come out here for much cheaper. After the Flightless sale started the ATO colors leaked.

mistercharlie

The new album has a yet another sound to it and will be released 4/26. I love how they change styles for every album. You can preview a minute of every song on the new album, Fishing for Fishies, on this site.