News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

LOST?

Started by August, September 10, 2005, 03:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

So I decided to start rewatching yesterday. I got through the Pilot before my wife came home, today Tabula Rosa.

I'm half tempted to keep a little notebook next to me to write down all the little things I notice going through it again, but then I think that someone has already done that and I should just sit back and enjoy it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

ya know out of all the 'unanswered questions' that are there at the end, the one thing that i think bothers me the most is the whole other half of the survivors that end up 1st with the dharma people on the other island. we first see them when sawyer and kate get locked up in the cages and i cant remember what the whole dialogue is, but it never made any sense... and then i think some of them or maybe all of them end up later at the Temple as jacob followers or whatever... none of that ever made any sense to me.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

justjezmund

So my wife has never seen the show so I feel it's a perfect time to start a re-watch.  My wife also stated after we just finished ep. 7 of the first season, "I'm interested to see how they could possibly make this show last so many seasons."  I just started laughing. 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

rowjimmy

After my complete Seinfeld rewatch...

LOST

mistercharlie

My re-watch a few months ago was awesome. It's weird but I kinda miss having to wait between episodes/seasons and letting all the mysteries and ideas ferment.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 11, 2013, 08:01:20 PM
My re-watch a few months ago was awesome. It's wired but I kinda miss having to wait between episodes/seasons and letting all the mysteries and ideas ferment.

I kinda still have that cause my wife had her own ideas about what's gunna happen.

justjezmund

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2014/03/19/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-lost/?linkId=7752763

Ten things you didn't know about lost.  Number 10 is actually a big conspiracy breaker.

QuoteIt's been ten years since we first met the castaways of Oceanic Flight 815. To celebrate the anniversary of the show's premiere, some of our favorite characters, including Sawyer, Hurley, Sun, and Desmond, joined co-creators Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse at this year's PaleyFest in Los Angeles. In between speculation about the smoke monster and stories about living in Hawaii, the cast and crew let us in on a few secrets from the six seasons of the ABC hit show.

Here are a few of our favorites:

1. Despite being the first actor cast, Ian Somerhalder was the very first series regular to die on the show. Ian didn't find out his fatal destiny until weeks before the scene was shot.

2. He was given a male character name on the show, but Vincent the dog is actually female.

3. Jack Shephard, played by Matthew Fox, was originally supposed to die at the end of the pilot episode. The creative team later changed their mind and made Jack the central character of the entire series.

4. During the casting process, Jorge Garcia came in and read for the role of Sawyer. He went on to star as Hugo 'Hurley' Reyes. Yunjin Kim auditioned for the role of Kate Austen. She eventually landed the role of Sun Kwon, a character producers developed specifically for Yunjin.

5. When the final episode wrapped production, Executive Producer Damon Lindelof ended up taking home the door of the hatch as a memento. He turned it into a coffee table. One of the other Executive Producers, Carlton Cuse, walked away with the countdown clock prop from inside the hatch.

6. Josh Holloway, the actor who portrayed Sawyer, actually wore his own boots for the entire series. He had them for years before production ever started.

7. Nikki and Paulo, characters introduced in Season 3, were immediately rejected by fans of the show. The creators quickly realized that while the actors were outstanding, the characters needed to be written out of the show. Their multi-season storyline was condensed to just six episodes.

8. The actor who played John Locke, Terry O'Quinn, lived close enough to the set that he would walk to work on many days of the production.

9. The idea for a group of people already living on the island was developed early on in the series. Writers didn't formulate the name a logo for Dharma Initiative until the break between season one and two.

10. Finally, despite many conspiracy rumors, the co-creators promise the castaways weren't dead for the entire duration of the series.

rowjimmy

You guys have heard of Chronologically Lost, right?
Watching the first episode, Jacob's origin story.

http://www.chronologicallylost.com/

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 05, 2015, 09:37:51 PM
You guys have heard of Chronologically Lost, right?
Watching the first episode, Jacob's origin story.

http://www.chronologicallylost.com/

I had not heard of this, and I've been thinking about re-watching the series. This will be a great way to re-experience the show. Thanks!

mistercharlie

4-8-15-16-23-42